Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Prices Drop! 501B Kits (Plug-N-Burn add a Module w/ Driver!) Starting at $20ea

Glad to hear you got your host. Once you have DTRs module, you'll be ready to go. Good luck.

Oh, I put a nick in the copper module that I pressed the 405nm laser diode in, and I'm trying to get that resolved. You just never know when a problem will pop up and put all your plans on hold. I'm hoping to get this resolved in the next couple of weeks, but that remains to be seen. I'm hoping to salvage the $45.00 laser diode in it, as I don't want to buy another one. But, I've got a lot of money already tied up in this C11 host build.

pucho

cant wait to see some beam shots from that c11 when its all done, here is a comparison shot of my unlabeled 301 greenie 200mw:/ (to be determined)

pucho

once i have my 501b done i wanna see who can lpm my 301 for me and get the actual mw it has. any recomendations anybody?

Looks like you went with a blue one like I did with my 300mW red laser. I think that's a cool color for a red laser. I also have a purple one that I was planning on making a 532nm green DPSSL, but the pill is pressed in so tight that I couldn't get it out without damaging the host. So, I've got to figure something else for my purple host.

pucho, there are several people who will measure the output of your 501B build. I guess I could do it for you if you like. You've seen my printouts of power levels on some of my builds. Some one has an Ophir that will do it for anyone as long as you pay shipping both ways. Can't remember who it is of hand, but if you search the BST threads you will find him.

pucho

Thanks for the info Paul, actually my host is the purple one with the red module from dtr, I wanted to try something different. I'm gonna know the output. From dtr module, I'm curious about my greenie
ebay laser output.

pucho, the 532nm laser is a diode pumped solid state laser that uses a 808nm infrared laser diode to pump two crystals that are very sensitive to temperature change. In a pointer, the 532nm laser is very erratic in its output power. I built one of these from scratch for my daughter for Christmas which you can see on my albums in my profile. It is not a pointer, but is portable and runs on a single 18650 battery. It contains a fan and the output transistor of the driver is heat sinked with a large copper heat sink. The heat sink for the laser diode is sinked to a large heat sink that is also sinked to the case which is made of aluminum. It is very small, but is also very stable. You should go to my profile and look at it there. Now, I could measure your pointer, but since the Radiant and the LaserBee both use a TEC thermopile, they smooth out the variations of the pointer to some extent. To get an accurate reading you need an Ophir LPM which uses a different type of thermopile and reacts more quickly to changes in the output power. I posted an output of the power on my build for 3 minutes and you can see how stable the reading is over that amount of time. I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Rifter

What is your paypal email address I want to get a Camo one shipped to Canada.

Rifter

I'll take 1 black, no focusing adapter host please!
PM sent

If you find out his PayPal email can you pm it to me? I've been waiting a few days now for him to respond to my pm with a email address to send the money to.

Sorry, had been on vacation and traveling so it has been difficult keeping up with all the messages.