Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Presale: "Just Add Diode" Kits

Also, im pretty sure im right. Better safe than sorry though... The green wire is the positive and the white is the neutral, right?

just put mine together, turned it on and it didnt work. I soldered the green wire to the posotive and the white wire to the neutral, I used flux so the solder iron wasnt on the diode leads longer than a second max. Any help anyone?

EDIT: I think its actually my batteries. I accidently grabbed the dead ones and left my fully charged ones at home... Dangit

Last edited:
just put mine together, turned it on and it didnt work. I soldered the green wire to the posotive and the white wire to the neutral, I used flux so the solder iron wasnt on the diode leads longer than a second max. Any help anyone?

EDIT: I think its actually my batteries. I accidently grabbed the dead ones and left my fully charged ones at home... Dangit

I was going to say. batteries? check the voltage, are you using 2x 16340s? the 18650 fits in that host but it's not enough power for that driver. etc. etc. but you might be alright already I see.

Last edited:
well i got my good batteries and it still wont work. I really hope for some reason the green wire wasnt the neutral... That just wouldnt make sense to wire it up like that though.

2b7769f3.jpg

Glenn

Mine was like this.
JAD2.JPG

I didn't get mine from Moh directly since he was on his honeymoon at the time, but the green was common, and blue was positive on mine.

heres Mohs tear down of these hosts.
http://mohgasm.com/JAD.html

Last edited:
mine is green wire and white wire. Ive been an electrician for 7 years, if you use white and a color wire you make the white neutral. Atleast thats what Ive been taught.

ok, guess the green is the neutral. This is def the first time thats happen to me. Thankfully i just tested it and the diode still works.

ok, guess the green is the neutral. This is def the first time thats happen to me. Thankfully i just tested it and the diode still works.

Yeah, there are a lot of different colors of silicone wire that the laser builders like to use and they rarely have any logic assigned to the color. I think your best bet is to look at the diode to determine the correct polarity.

I grew up with black and red and have had to learn more conventional electrician colors when working on my house.