Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pre-assembled laser spirograph's

i was wondering if anyone would be interested in some pre-built laser spirographs or if you would like to assemble them yourself you could do that also i could send it as a kit. i am very interested in your opinions and i see that everyone has a list of lasers in there signatures and wouldnt it be nice to have a four or three mirror spiro added to that? i can do almost anything to your specifications like reversible motors, the degree angle on the mirrors. stuff like that and i am also interested in what you would consider a good spiro. this is all research still and i have the circuits and the means to manufacture these i just want to know if anyone is interested. btw i am not stealing anybodys circuit designs i have designed my own circuits they are to my knowledge original.

-Dakota

well it would depend on how i made them either on designed circuit board which would be a step up or prototype style which is still reliable just being cheaper and completely hand made = more work but the pcb would be more expensive in low quantity. how much would you pay for one being like lets say really nice quality and gets the job done and more? like nice effects and the option to hook up any module you own for added effects.
-Dakota

Last edited:
I'd like one to use with my PGL's, again if it is not too much money, and I want to be able to do a time tunnel effect:D

yeah a time tunnel is no problem and a three mirror spyro will get you more than a tunnel effect and if you have a module my circuit can power it to do more effects like slice n dice the time tunnel like i have here in this thread http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/three-mirror-green-laser-spirograph-49675.html you can turn all three motors off and for a few bucks more i can add reverse to each motor. i cant make one as good as that for less than 20 or 30 though if you want one as nice as mine it would be more like 50-75 or more i havent designed that one to sell yet but i can make its "little brother" for less money and in turn sell it cheaper. my new design doesnt use brushless i decided to use brushless because of an electronics competition here in michigan just for the one in the video it turned out ok but have gotten better results with small dc motors.

You will need to build a prototype of the actual product you
want to sell and take some photos...
No-one wants to buy something they haven't actually seen..

I've seen bad building skills and very good building skills of
sellers on the Forum and without photos no-one knows which
category to place your product into....:cool:

BTW... I saw your video and your electronics build looks nice
and clean for that Spiro..

Jerry

Last edited:
thanks and before i really get into building a prototype i have a couple of projects including this one but i needed to see if there was a market in it before i started spending money. ill be building the spiro in the next couple of weeks.

today i attempted to make the circuit a little smaller and and more cost effective but i have a summer cold so it was a failed attempt lol

i got my motors i have enough to make 3-three mirror spirographs and 3-four mirror spirographs im working on the mounting right now i already know how im putting the mirrors on (f.s. mirror btw) and i just have to get my circuit board made still a bunch left to do.

oh and ive decided not to add a "laser driver-driver" lol i figure since you all have your own lasers you would want to use those. but later on i plan on making that also. the circuit is capable of flashing and switching between a solid beam and the flashing.

my spiro is worlds apart from the one in the link if thats what you were getting at. and im sure theyre are tutorials about hooking up a flex drive buy my circuit has nothing to do with that it would just turn the flex drive on and off to produce certain desirable effects that is if you had a flex drive. and yeah I KNOW you can produce a time tunnel effect by just turning off two motors in the case of a 3 mirror spiro or turn off three in the case of a 4 mirror. and my spiro is a bit more "open source" i guess you could say im trying to make them so the user can do w/e he or she wants with it i guess within certain limits. and i im trying not to make my spiro's more than 30$ trying to keep them cheap but not trying to sacrifice qaulity.

I know you know it makes a tunnel effect. I was talking to the other people obviously.

Please learn to edit your posts. Triple posting is frowned upon here.

Morgan

I was informed from a reliable source, (I.e. the inventor, developer and distributor), that Flexdrives will not respond well to being pulsed or flashed. They have a slow start, amongst other things, so if you're planning to be flashing these you may not get the desired effect and could damage your Flexdrives.

I'm not trying to put you off but you need to look into this.

M
:)