Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pre-assembled laser spirograph's

thanks Morgan for the info that's very important i guess i would have to test drivers to see if they are compatible unless i worked around it. and T_J i see what you mean and im not trying to get my post count up or anything i could care less. right now i have a couple of circuits:

#1. LASER CONTROL- creates various patterns because it pulses the laser fast enough or slow enough.

with this circuit since i just realized thanks to Morgan is that yeah some drivers wouldn't be compatible so i would sell a laser module that would be heat sinked and compatible along with the circuit or the buyer could find one and i could experiment and verify drivers i guess.

#2. MOTOR PWM or w/e works best circuit- what i mean by w/e works best is if the said batch of motors bought for the spiros doesn't work desirably with pwm i would change or tweak the said circuit. and i say batch because i got a box of 21 dc motors enough to make 6 spiros. the next batch of motors would have they're own custom circuit. what im working on right now is getting a good variable speed on the motors i have obtained. then mount them and test before designing pcb.

i figured it would be best to just design the motor control into the pcb because most users of this forum have they're own lasers. what you would be buying would be just the spiro and the spiro control. then mount your laser however and start having fun.

Last edited:

Great idea Dakota-- for me a spiro is an easy project until I get to the part of being able to slow my 3vdc motors gradually down.:yabbem:

-and the motor drivers available cost more than what I have in the entire spiro(less the laser)and pots(non ceramic) just don't do the job.:mad: I know that they are not that hard to make- but my eyesight and soldering skillz suck!!:yabbem:

One last comment--AFAIK- 'time' is incorrect :tsk:- just 'tunnel effect' is more accurate. Sorry if I am being too picky:thinking:.---hakzaw

thanks hakzaw would you be interested? if you wanted to use a specific set of motors once i make a paypal and i get a reputation i could make you a circuit custom to your motors if you mailed me one. i was wondering if any of you thought it would be a good idea to have the controller and the spiro separate connected by a serial cable like on the back of your computer the type that goes to the monitor. i figure you can set the motor assembly any which way you want and line up your laser. alignment wouldnt be hard you just have to bring in the laser at the right angle.

i actually hit a few snags lately and cant move on with these builds for a while i have alot of business to attend to but i am working on smaller custom builds for now but i hope to get back to these. the main reason for stopping is some motor issues but ill pick up some more motors in the future.

hello dakota? are you still making these?

i would happily pay up to $150 if its a really nice one, and its all housed nicely in a clear pvp box thing <3

let me know if your intrested please thank you <3 :angel:

Are you still making these? I'd love to buy a simple one off you sir. I just really wanna make a tunnel effect.

spirographs require $30 dollars and 10 minutes of time. why buy when you can build yourself? also great job on resurecting an old thread