Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your WATCH collection! [pics]

Pman

The citizen Navihawk watches are nice. I have an older Blackhawk and it is extremely well built in my opinion and still works and looks great. Bought it used about a year ago for about $150 I believe. Battery charge lasts forever on these and takes nothing to charge. Yeah I realize those posts were from months ago but it's a great watch.
I've got a really large watch that looks a lot like that one Down. Invicta with a second hand and windup only. Have so many watches I have only worn it a few times. Haven't gotten anything new that I can post. Not like I have the $ or need for any more lol
Going to have to look up that magnetic watch. Really neat

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

ibyMyIN.gif

A bunch of others... Cool Watches - Album on Imgur

I've only read about those watches. The theory I believe is that the watch loses less time due to gravity acting upon the balancing wheel and escapement.
tourbillon they are called.

Check out the other ones in that album. That one and a couple of others... they are straight out of a scifi movie I think. :D

Hello there! Thought I'd share my two current favourites of my wrist watches Collection.1) Patek Philippe 5020P in Platinum. The so called "TV Watch". Rumour has it that only 3 had a black diamond dial. 2) Patek Philippe 3448G in White Gold. The first automatic perpetual calendar wristwatch ever made by any manufacture.
Sorry...for not posting pics...:yabbem:

Does anyone have opinions on The Garmin D2 bravo watch? Recently I was flying in a bush plane and the pilot and I had a chance to chat. The watch looks fantastic and I'm not a fan of smart watches but it looks cool.
Elevation, gps, nearest airports. Sapphire glass. $700 price tag.

I've been in the market for a water resistant dive watch and this is what I purchased.
The seamaster 300, this is a remake of the 1957 model. I had the option for a titanium bracelet but in my opinion it wasn't justified for the price so I have it in stainless.
8400 calibre movement
Sapphire crystals
Master co axial escapement.
"Liquidmetal" bezel (apparently fused Ti and ceramic).

Poor iPhone photos! But it's all I have atm.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Nice watches on this thread. I own a 4 year old Citizen Eco-Drive E650. I never have to change the battery as it is solar powered.

IMG_1697.jpg

Last edited:
jr3155-54em.jpg

That's the watch I wear most often. Bought it in 2007, and it's been ticking along since with zero issues. Considering it's not a sapphire crystal, I'm surprised how good it looks, and the plating can also take a beating... I think it's at 95% of where it was looks wise.

It has been down to about 30-40feet underwater a couple of times. Tons of time in water, fresh, sea, even dead sea.

Edit: I am thinking of buying a new watch. Something titanium, preferably plated, analog/digital face. Preferably with tritium, although light/phosphor is also fine. Needs to be able to survive the occasional dive, but not a dive watch per se.

Last edited:
Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes the eco drives are excellent. It has survived two magnetic incidents and is still going strong.

Tritiums half life is 12.3 years, so it will be half as bright at that period. Tritium can still be usable up to 30 years but wi be very dim.
I have 9 vials of tritium myself. :p

It's expensive to be sure, but not much of it is needed in a watch, and let's say that from the time of production to the time it's being worn, 2 years have passed, it's still good for 10 years. So I'm also hard pressed to explain why some other brands don't get into the tritium niche.

Benm

Because it's not collectible.

It will last you a good while, but with a half life of 12 years that watch is going to be dark in a century (less than half a percent of original brightness remains). A phosphor when chemically stable will still work 100 or 1000 years from now.

The intrinsic value of a watch is basically zero unless it contains precious metals (like a gold case). The percieved value can be very high, but that would depreciate if something like the hands lighting stops working over a few decades with nothing to do about it.

Things like precision really don't count any longer, your phone is probably much more accurate than any watch on the market since it can sync time over ntp, the gsm network or even gps.

I remember not having a cellphone and actually using a watch to tell time, but that didn't require much precision either, about minute-level accuracy was good enough ;)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The watch that I have is radio controlled. It stays in sync so watches nowadays can stay as accurate as any other device. I like precision. :p

Good point on the tritium however. Phosphorus does have a longer useful life.

Last edited: