Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your WATCH collection! [pics]

Came across this the other day;

My blind friend has a magnetic watch. - Imgur

2SdtKmY.jpg

GR3EN

I'm in search of my next watch still and was thinking of the citizen navihawk instead of doing a restore of a vintage longines. They are a little on the more expensive side, but the look of them mixed with the radio controlled atomic time feature has me very interested. Anyone here have any experience with owning one? Tis' the season for work to start picking back up in the mechanic field.

citizen-navihawk-limited-edition-1.jpg

I've been looking for an excuse to buy basically the same watch. Down to three choices;

Amazon.com: Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Navihawk A-T Black Ion-Plated Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch 46mm JY8035-55E: Watches

Amazon.com: Citizen Men's JY8034-58E "Navihawk" Stainless Steel Two-Tone Eco-Drive Watch: Clothing

http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-JY001...1-5&keywords=Citizen+Men's+Eco-Drive+Navihawk

I really like the way the black plated, and Stainless steel & gold look... have looked at them in store.

On the flip side the titanium is very light, considering the size of the watch, and the plastic bezel on it does not look quite as attractive.

Currently I do have the older version of this watch that doesn't have atomic timekeeping: http://i.imgur.com/im5sktt.jpg (In the middle.)

The watch still looks 90% like new... got it after receiving a small bonus back in 2007, it's been in three oceans, bunch of lakes and rivers, pools, hot tubs, hot spring once, and it's still working perfectly. It's easily my most reliable watch, and it has never been serviced... I cleaned it myself somewhat, and put some silicone grease on the buttons, and knob a while back, but aside from that zero maintenance.

I don't even really care about the atomic timekeeping... but I do think having a light on the watch would be useful.

GR3EN

I've been looking for an excuse to buy basically the same watch. Down to three choices;

Amazon.com: Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Navihawk A-T Black Ion-Plated Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch 46mm JY8035-55E: Watches

Amazon.com: Citizen Men's JY8034-58E "Navihawk" Stainless Steel Two-Tone Eco-Drive Watch: Clothing

Amazon.com: Citizen Men's JY0010-50E Eco-Drive "Skyhawk A-T" Titanium Watch: Skyhawk: Clothing

I really like the way the black plated, and Stainless steel & gold look... have looked at them in store.

On the flip side the titanium is very light, considering the size of the watch, and the plastic bezel on it does not look quite as attractive.

Currently I do have the older version of this watch that doesn't have atomic timekeeping: http://i.imgur.com/im5sktt.jpg (In the middle.)

The watch still looks 90% like new... got it after receiving a small bonus back in 2007, it's been in three oceans, bunch of lakes and rivers, pools, hot tubs, hot spring once, and it's still working perfectly. It's easily my most reliable watch, and it has never been serviced... I cleaned it myself somewhat, and put some silicone grease on the buttons, and knob a while back, but aside from that zero maintenance.

I don't even really care about the atomic timekeeping... but I do think having a light on the watch would be useful.

Ah at least I'm not alone then. I didn't even know they had that black color choice because I was just looking on ebay where they are almost 1/2 the price for some, but as I can see now there is some selection missing. That black and goldish looks very nice.

Last edited:
Oh I wouldn't buy from Amazon... definitely overpriced there, at least for watches, but they do have good pictures, and reviews.

Last edited:
Well, at least for the Citizen watches that interested me, I was able to find much lower prices from reputable sellers on eBay for example.

Search ebay by the watch model number, and more often than not you can find a better price.

For the most part amazon prices are quite good though... and I will often pay a couple dollars more if it means I get it covered by prime, and shipped fast. With a difference of a few hundred, I'll deal with another company though.

Example; http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-JY001...1-5&keywords=Citizen+Men's+Eco-Drive+Navihawk

Citizen Men's JY0010 50E Eco Drive "Skyhawk A T" Titanium Watch 013205081378 | eBay

$246 difference :D Very sorely tempted to buy it :p

kilter

Well, at least for the Citizen watches that interested me, I was able to find much lower prices from reputable sellers on eBay for example.

Search ebay by the watch model number, and more often than not you can find a better price.

For the most part amazon prices are quite good though... and I will often pay a couple dollars more if it means I get it covered by prime, and shipped fast. With a difference of a few hundred, I'll deal with another company though.

Example; http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-JY001...1-5&keywords=Citizen+Men's+Eco-Drive+Navihawk

Citizen Men's JY0010 50E Eco Drive "Skyhawk A T" Titanium Watch 013205081378 | eBay

$246 difference :D Very sorely tempted to buy it :p

but... but it's ebay! Everything on there is garbage right? :p

Alright! After saving up for months now I finally bought the watch I had my heart set on.
This is the Stefan Kudoke "black beauty" it is a manual watch sandwiched between two pieces of sapphire glass. The wrist strap is Louisiana alligator hand sewn. It's even better in high res photos! Such detail.

I'm afraid to wear it but I will keep it very safe and in the family.