Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

@berlinphotoweek - I was hoping to see Laser animation / installation >> at Kraftwerk Berlin, but unfortunately it was ended some time ago and now there was Berlin photo week. Well it was nice to visit there and see few of my German friends

berlin_photoweek_00_new.jpg

berlin_photoweek_01_new.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg

diachi

I have ovens for some of my SHG crystals as well as controller boards for them on the way now. I also have 806-810 FAP800's with focusing lens assemblies with SMA couplings on them to make the interface easy, TECs and temperature control boards for the FAP as well as high power YVO4 crystals in mounts with both water and TEC cooling, so will have some combination to try, not sure which first. Most of these parts have come out of Coherent Avia lasers.

You got the fancy good quality ones, nice. I've looked at the cheap China ones, very affordable if you want something new and on a budget.

Good score!

I have been looking at those China ones, they are cheaper but I haven't been willing to risk buying them, almost always have wires chopped short out of some equipment and knowing how cheap the chinese are, likely end of life or worse. These were also removed due to end of life, I suspect, but each diode was checked to make sure they appeared to produce plenty of output. I don't want to use them at full average power though, so no matter. Need to find a QCW driver for them though.

diachi

I have been looking at those China ones, they are cheaper but I haven't been willing to risk buying them, almost always have wires chopped short out of some equipment and knowing how cheap the chinese are, likely end of life or worse. These were also removed due to end of life, I suspect, but each diode was checked to make sure they appeared to produce plenty of output. I don't want to use them at full average power though, so no matter. Need to find a QCW driver for them though.

Oh, I was talking about the new ones, not the used eBay ones, though those are way cheaper. Same boat though, I don't want to gamble on one of those.

China's helicopter prototype looks like a UFO

China has been unveiling a lot of new weaponry lately, but one of their latest reveals looks really, well, out of this world.

Called the "Super Great White Shark" by Chinese media, the aircraft conjures up images of 1950s sci-fi movies more than 21st century technology. But China says the "armed helicopter" was designed for the "future digital information battlefield."

More at CNN >>

191016110120-china-great-white-shark-helicopter-schematic-exlarge-169.jpg

191016105850-china-great-white-shark-helicopter-prototype-exlarge-169.jpg

China is bad news for the world with their totalitarian government, this crap of copying engineering to cut their own costs is so widespread over there it's normal to them to steal from others that way. If they do it too much, they will just undercut profits more and more to where they will need to engineer their own stuff when others are driven out of business :p but by then then will be on top.

Lagomorpha

RIP my Babies.
I lost the Dutch on the 30th of last month and the black mini-Rex on the 9th of this month. I miss them so. . .

Attachments

• 20190827_111656.jpg
    20190827_111656.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 4
  • 20191123_114051_compress32.jpg
    20191123_114051_compress32.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 4

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
So sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved pets, they are like family, and the loss can be just as sad. :cry:

I knew a guy in Montana that kept rabbits. Not as pets, though. If these were pets and not sources of meat you have my condolences.