Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Good luck, Tero, hope the weather cooperates and provides you with clear skies! :)

Thanks for the update, Tero. As usual, it is no where near me in western Washington. But, I have your photos to back me up. Thanks. :D

diachi

My PL-E Pro into extremely snowy weather currently.

Damn, looks like real heavy snow! We could be doing with some of that, think we're a little under our average so far. Due to drop to -30C at the weekend, i.e. normal December weather.

iAurora

Damn, looks like real heavy snow! We could be doing with some of that, think we're a little under our average so far. Due to drop to -30C at the weekend, i.e. normal December weather.
Sure it does, i can't even imagine the beam at Canada!

Last edited:
Your camera made that look more like a 405nm laser than a 445nm one. That happens sometimes. We have been having rain every day this week here in western Washington. At the moment it has stopped, but it will likely start up again before the day is over.

LaserRanger

Here my first build after becoming an official LPF member. Isolated the module from a Chinese pen host and used a boost driver for this 505nm diode I had laying around for a while. My first case positive diode and my first 505 nm build.. Its not impressive by any means since it's nothing fancy and did it in a few hours but I thought I would share it. I'm not sure how much power or current is going into the diode but I liked the output and visibility of the beam

Attachments

• 20181213_232127.jpg
    20181213_232127.jpg
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20181213_231521.jpg
    20181213_231521.jpg
    953.7 KB · Views: 10

GSS

Sure is a nice color..
Fancy or not you figured out the tricky case positive, adapted it to a pen host in a couple hours and it works:) and you seem happy and satisfied and thats all that counts;)
Thank you for posting it:)
By the way, unless you moved the momentary button, I see those pens on ebay every now and then where it looks like the manufacturer put them together backwords. If you were to use the pocket clip it points the laser head right into someones face:oops:

Last edited:
That host looks fine to me. It may actually be a low wavelength 505nm diode. I have one doing 502nm. But, it was one of the first Sharp diodes released and it is case neutral.

LaserRanger

Sure is a nice color..
Fancy or not you figured out the tricky case positive, adapted it to a pen host in a couple hours and it works:) and you seem happy and satisfied and thats all that counts;)
Thank you for posting it:)
By the way, unless you moved the momentary button, I see those pens on ebay every now and then where it looks like the manufacturer put them together backwords. If you were to use the pocket clip it points the laser head right into someones face:oops:

I'm surprised I did not kill it. I tried powering it like a m140 diode and nothing. Then I remembered Paul's comments about some being case positive and gave it a try and figured it out from there. Oh and about the position of the switch, that was precisely why I chose that pen host. The button on my driver almost lined up with the hole of the host. I probably had to cut 1/4 inch off the front to be able to line up the button and not have the copper mocule make contact with the host and also drilled the button hole to fit a wider button and get more contact area with the switch. I can still pull off the module and adjust the current if the need arises. As for your concerns of accidental firing of laser.. Theres just enough space for the batteries to not make full contact, there's a small neodymium magnet at the bottom of the batteries that I take out if Im not using it and it sticks on the clip pretty well. It seems like I found a solution to everything that came up while working on it. As of now I have almost completed my lumintop tool AAA into a laser pointer with very little modification

That host looks fine to me. It may actually be a low wavelength 505nm diode. I have one doing 502nm. But, it was one of the first Sharp diodes released and it is case neutral.

I believe I bought this diode back in 2017 along with a 35mw 520nm that is being tested with a 100mah battery. The 505nm diode is a very mint color. It's very different compared to the 520nm and I compared it with a 532nm at the same time. There's a noticeable difference in color. I don't remember if this was a sharp diode as there's no numbers on the case but I do have another 505 that has numbers. I'm happy with how it turned out for an all nighter pointer and there's no noticeable temperature increase when I use it at the current setting and I can still see a beam. I want to build a set of lasers I can use without the risk of eye injuries but I also want to be able to appreciate the beam profile

Last edited:
All the 505nm diodes being offered from China sellers are Sharp diodes as they are the least expensive by far. The original offering of this diode were all case neutral, but those are mostly gone now unless DTR has run out too. Yeah, you can see the difference in color easily when comparing this to a 520nm and a 532nm laser.

LaserRanger

All the 505nm diodes being offered from China sellers are Sharp diodes as they are the least expensive by far. The original offering of this diode were all case neutral, but those are mostly gone now unless DTR has run out too. Yeah, you can see the difference in color easily when comparing this to a 520nm and a 532nm laser.

Ohh OK I see now, I did get them for around $15 some time ago and since I didn't know much about them I just out them aside. I have not personally seen any of these wavelengths before so I didn't want to kill my diodes trying to figure out what vf they needed or the current, there wasn't much info on the diodes when I bought them. I've only seen pictures from this forum and you know how bad some monitors are at reproducing colors so I was not sure how to take this or how different they would be.

@paul1598419 20181214_222153.jpg

Last edited:
Some Husky friends :p

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg