Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

Nice photos. What were you using to make white with your RGB laser setup? It wasn't the lasers you showed in the first post? The 20 mW HeNe wouldn't be enough red to overcome the 1 amp pump diode current on the 532nm laser. :thanks:

Thanks : ) , I was using the three lasers from the pictures , the blue is I'd guess around 10 mW , Red 20mW and as you said the green would be to over powering at 1A drive as seen in the first picture

I can turn the unit down so I will try to get a good white colour , the three lases all came from the same system but I have no idea on the original drive currents for the two DPSS modules

Cool! I don't think I've ever seen anyone make an RGB laser using a gas laser with two DPSS lasers. That is definitely different or just a very old way to get there. I like it. + Rep.

Very nice, she probably knows more about the US than most people on the street, lol.

That's good news, now you 2 can travel easier. :beer:

That is fantastic, Chris. I'm sure the both of you are very happy about this. Tell her congratulations from me. :yh:

Congratulations to both of you, Chris! It’s always nice to know that there are still people who don’t take citizenship for granted. Please Take Care and Be Well :D

-cd

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Congratulations to you and your wife, Chris; this is great news, I'm sure she worked hard to accomplish this! :yh:
Like Red said, I'll bet she now knows more about the U.S. than 99% of us who were born here.

I'm sure she's looking forward to seeing you again!

Retiring in the Ukraine, that sounds interesting; this is the first time that I've ever heard of the Ukraine as a retirement destination; it looks like a very beautiful place to live!

Last edited:
I wonder about medical care there Chris. As you are getting older, you will be needing medical care at some point and it doesn't sound like Ukraine has the best physicians and hospitals in Europe. Usually in economies where there is not much money, people with high skills tend to leave. I hope you have factored this into your plans.

20km trail today...

20180828_201545.jpg

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice view, AD, very serene looking, and probably even more serene with that bottle of Grants that Alaskan has! :D

Chris, that was a steal, wow, $50 bucks and some batteries! :yh:
BTW, that's a beautiful host, is that one of Rich's?

Last edited:
Good luck to you, Tero. You do for fun what I wouldn't want to do ever. I did some hiking and camping when I was much younger, but that was quite awhile ago. Nice snag, Chris. I'm surprised that meter and sensor are still accurate with an analog readout it must be fairly old. Was it sold "as is"?