Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

diachi

We're finally warming up here, hopefully until next winter now. Don't think we'll get another week of -20C lows, supposed to get up to +7 tomorrow! :D

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Lol, want to laugh but we had frost this morning and a bitter wind which is very unusual for this time of year. Some parts are forecast snow again as well. What's up with the weather. I know, typical Brit moaning about his boring weather. :D

diachi

Lol, want to laugh but we had frost this morning and a bitter wind which is very unusual for this time of year. Some parts are forecast snow again as well. What's up with the weather. I know, typical Brit moaning about his boring weather. :D

Haha, I used to complain about the rain all the time, but now I miss it. Looking forward to getting some! :D

I think spring is finally here for us, I could hear seagulls tonight. The days are getting much longer now too, still some light at 11PM, as per below picture.

5qh81DH.jpg

Will still have ice on the big lake until some time in June. :crackup:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
We haven't actually had much rain recently, we had a long dry spell and then very slight rain for a couple of days. We actually need to see some too. :)

We had spring for a bit. :p It isn't as cold as yesterday so it might be due to the arctic why we are colder than normal ATM.

As for having I ce on a lake until June. That is late in the year to still see ice. But I suppose that's normal for you being that far up north.

diachi

We haven't actually had much rain recently, we had a long dry spell and then very slight rain for a couple of days. We actually need to see some too. :)

We had spring for a bit. :p It isn't as cold as yesterday so it might be due to the arctic why we are colder than normal ATM.

As for having I ce on a lake until June. That is late in the year to still see ice. But I suppose that's normal for you being that far up north.

I guess you guys down in England tend to get less rain too, it was almost constant in Scotland. :p

Weather forecast I came across for Glasgow the other day wasn't a whole lot warmer than the forecast today for here. Not quite summer there yet either I guess! :D

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
This is true, Scotland is the land of the rain. :p Also whenever there is any arctic disruption Scotland usually receives the worst of it all.
Today was a classic example of british weather. We had glorious sunshine, rain, sleet, hail and possibly snow at one point. Fun! :D
Oh and a serious mix match of temperatures, warm one minute and cold the next.

Last edited:
I can tell that spring is here in western Washington. It has been getting incrementally warmer and the days are getting longer. Way too soon to turn on the A/C, but the furnace isn't working nearly as hard. I hope we don't get an oppressively hot summer like last year. It is usually quite cool in the summer and fairly warm in the winter due to our proximity to the Pacific Ocean.

Lucky you. We had warmer weather, but I'm having a hailstorm as I speak.

Sorry to hear that. One of the reasons I moved back here is the weather. There are plenty of other reasons as well, but the weather here is the best I've ever seen in this country. And I have lived in every major part of this country.

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Spring is upon us here in Oregon. My sinuses are providing steady confirmation of this.

Gabe

This has been an especially cloudy spring so far up here (or down here for diachi :D) It's been overcast for almost three weeks straight now, we've had about 10cm of snow on two separate occasions, and that's after a previous week of 10-20°C weather about a month ago! In the meantime I've made a telescope and got some lenses specially for astrophotography, once the clouds clear up I can't wait to show you guys :D

How do you determine up from down on the map, Gabe? Mostly in the States if it is north it is up and south is down. I've seen it done other ways depending on what country you are in. Just got me curious again. :)

Gabe

How do you determine up from down on the map, Gabe? Mostly in the States if it is north it is up and south is down. I've seen it done other ways depending on what country you are in. Just got me curious again. :)

Yep I follow that too, any place in the Americas would be 'down there' if it's south of me, and 'up there' if it's north. Here in Edmonton especially, its popular to refer to someone as 'going up north' when they leave to make some big $$$ at Fort Macmurray, working in the oil industry. For diachi I would say 'up there' to him because he's way up in Yellowknife. If I were talking to a friend in Norway though, I usually say she's "over there" because although she's more northern than me, I think of Norway as across the arctic.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Diachi to me is over the pond and way up there! :D

I had more bizarre springtime weather.
Woke up to thick frost and hail again this morning. And my outdoor food waste bucket was frozen shut. Nothing extreme, just weird. We are still getting up to temp when the sun is out but at times it is like its winter again. Not bad for the end of April. :p

Paul, I wouldn't mind moving myself. We are very lucky here as we don't get much in the way of extreme weather, but it is so inconsistent.

Typical day in the school break courtesy of England:
Weather: You want to have a day out do you!
Then I will give you sunshine in the morning. Rain the entire day through and then lovely sunshine before sunset.

Day well spent. :D

Starting to get warmer here as well! Our temperatures tend to stay pretty consistent through the year, mostly since im like right next to the Ocean! Summers only tend to be around 20C which is quite crazy for the mid-California coast but oh well, not complaining. I quite like winter though honestly, I enjoy the long dark nights :D :D

-Alex

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
20 degrees is nice. Warm enough to enjoy the outdoors.
Dark nights are brilliant for lasers and for astronomy.