Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

Hotel Ritz. I pull that blanket down when sleeping, have my own space that way.

Reactions: GSS

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
That's good, at least you get the feeling of some space when you do that. :)
I sure wouldn't be able to cope. :p

The thing which keeps miffing me off is someone keeps turning off the heat at night, it gets down below 50 F some nights.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Why, that is too cold, you need it to be at 60 F for sleeping to be comfortable. Tell them, to keep it on even if it is only for a bit longer.

Todays%20ride%202.jpg
[/center]

Tell us who was farting so badly that the end was open so wide :crackup:

Into the Vegas Night Sky !

I did this same thing about an hour ago and I heard way off in the distance the unmistakable sound of rotor blades so I killed the laser and beat feet inside the house and a few minutes later a police helicopter flew over the house and just kept on going, No big deal as I wasn't breaking any laws.......

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
"No big deal as I wasn't breaking any laws......."

So, you had your FDA variance to point a laser in excess of 5mW into the sky?

I've yet to hear of anyone being prosecuted for violation of that law but......

diachi

"No big deal as I wasn't breaking any laws......."

So, you had your FDA variance to point a laser in excess of 5mW into the sky?

I've yet to hear of anyone being prosecuted for violation of that law but......

Yeah exactly...

In general, any laser beam that goes into airspace, or could go into airspace, triggers the FDA’s requirement for FAA review. This could occur even on private property, or if a beam travels between two buildings on a street. Another scenario is that a beam may miss a mirror or termination surface, and may inadvertently go into airspace. FAA’s rationale for requiring review even of small airspace zones is that a police or emergency helicopter may need to fly into the area; thus the beams need to be monitored and to be safe for air crews.

Yea, I hate it but I stay out of the sky these days, distant tree stands yes, but not star pointing, there are more and more surveillance drones and aircraft will likely have onboard cameras to locate a ground beam......NOW Understand that I would NEVER point at an aircraft, but I don't even want to be pointing into the sky when an aircraft comes over the horizon and snaps a pic of my skyward beam, if they snap me pointing at a tree then so be it, but not into the sky as what I have heard is you can't point into the sky if you are within 10 miles of an airport.

I am over 10 miles from the busiest airport in the country, but they may include private and municipals as well.

It's best to be above reproach as much as possible, granted pointing way left as an aircraft records you from way right is not illuminating a cockpit, but there are even rules about pointing into the pathway of an aircraft.

I know most all of us are very safe and cautious, but with the outcry right now I feel like why even take a chance, and why possibly add to the perception of a problem.

Some internet videos show an idiot pointing at a helicopter, but others are on a distant beach and just swirling the beam around, the laser holder may not even know the plane is there, that's why I say listen and look for a while first if you live in a rural area, make sure there's not a prop plane way out there somewhere.

Reactions: GSS
Accutronitis, what have you done! YOU MIGHT THINK THAT LIGHT ENDS, BUT IT GOES ON FOREVER! You might attract aliens! Have you seen Alien Laser's signature gif? Ask him in PM what happened when he did that on a dark night about three years ago. He is probably going to be miffed at me saying this much in the forum, still has marks from it. If you don't get in trouble with the aliens, you have the federal government to worry about if you hit an earth aircraft.

sigpic47839_6.gif

Edit:

Adding photo from yesterdays flight back to my main base of operation. Pano photo inside Chinook helicopter. They always fly with the back end completely open. I'm impressed with the pano photo function of my 6S iphone, but unfortunately my lens is a bit worn and produces a fog from bright light.

PAN%20R%20Chop.jpg

lazeristasUVISIR, why the back end open? I think they fly that way to allow quick exit if we have an emergency. Standard ops, but I haven't heard if anyone having problems requiring quick exit for a long time. My wife asked me why the back end is open, that is my best guess, she didn't like my answer :p

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Brilliant panorama Alaskan. Thanks for sharing.
As for the back being open, I believe that actually is the reason and I can understand your wife being a little concerned. :p

Accutronitis, be careful. You don't know who is watching. ;)

ufo_attack_2-300x189.jpg

or

image1.jpg

Last edited:
Love getting a chance to fly on these babies (reduced screen shot file photo, not mine).

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-01%20at%205.03.04%20PM.png

Another oilfield well on fire near Mosul

Last edited:
Can you hear yourself think when you are flying on one of those things, Chris? Pretty loud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSS View Post
As this is a pic thread and I can't or don't know how to post pic's "I'm 54 and way late to the high tech stuff" I need help or have at least one question to start,
I only have a 3G flip phone by my choosing for its simplicity. Do I need to upgrade to even have a chance?

hi, I want to add some more details into RB answer, normally these days because of smart phones like samsung specially quality of photos taken from phones has enhanced. now if you want you use your old phone then you can get your pictures professionally edited on this online site - or if you want to simply resize your pictures or little crop from edges than you can use this site which allows crop and resize picture for free. The forum standard size for uploading pictures is 800*600 pixels. Uploading pictures on forum is already explained by RB.

Hope this answer helps you

Thanks
Beyond23