Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

GSS

I love it, I'm reading this just as I finished up a diversity training class at work!
I'm sure they would find this wrong in so many ways, maybe that's why I think it's funnier than hell. :eg:
We have to do things like this, we are men its in our blood:beer:

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 16589

UM this is starting to get heavy. :eek::eek:
18024407682_978d4536ed_b.jpg

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I've decided that I am going to post some of my random pics from my phone.

The first image was taken on my way to Barcelona as part of a group trip.
It was my first time flying on a plane, so I was very eager to take pictures.

The second image was a random snap of the sun's spectrum bouncing of an angled mirror. Notice the amount of yellow there is but the green is highly saturated.

The last two images are novelty. They include a bag of tritium vials, that now just sit there glowing at night in my bedroom, and a fluorescence test with a 7w 445nm laser and a piece of uranium glass. The test was to see if the brightness of the beam itself was able to fluoresce the uranium.
Apologies for the picture quality as I am no photographer, but I hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 59
  • Picture4.jpg
    Picture4.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 84
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

OVNI

Since I've used and seen a lot of the "I Guess" guy, I found the strip where it came from.

nv4BPPY.jpg

EDIT: While I'm at it, I enjoyed this one too.

9ehdT8dl.jpg

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Cool, just wondered as they would have a stronger uranium content. :) Have fun collecting :D

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Oh definitely is from around that era. Very lucky. They are getting rarer to find as genuine 1920's uranium glass. You have quite a high content of uranium oxide in your goblet. :)

Gabe

A collection of photos I took one night a couple months ago when out of nowhere the Northern Lights were visible from the middle of the city, it was truly one of the coolest nights of my life! Some are great photos, some are meh. My fav is #5 :)
https://imgur.com/a/1ohQy

Last edited:
A collection of photos I took one night a coyote years ago when out of nowhere the a Northern Lights were available from the middle of the city, it was truly one of the coolest nights of my life! Some are great photos, some are meh. My fav is #5 :)
https://imgur.com/a/1ohQy

Awesome pictures Gabe! Hopefully one day I'll experience the Northern Lights too :)

-Alex

Gabe

Awesome pictures Gabe! Hopefully one day I'll experience the Northern Lights too :)

-Alex

Holy smokes, I should proofread more. Thanks! It's really a sight to behold, I wish I were even farther up north like diachi, where northern lights would be almost every night, if it didn't stay so bright in the summers.