Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

Gabe

Yea, I'm only a part-time nature person, so I usually take it for granted. Until I visited some bigger cities in China like Jinan and Beijing. So smoggy that you don't even see the blue of the sky. Unless it's windy, and even then there's only a hint of blue directly above you. And yes, it's great to not have to worry about financially ruining your family if you break an arm or lose a finger. Yes, I know it's not ALWAYS that case in countries with private health care. I remember hearing someone say, if Breaking Bad had taken place in Canada Walt would just take a break from teaching for a bit until he got better. :crackup:

Last edited:

Yea, I'm only a part-time nature person, so I usually take it for granted. Until I visited some bigger cities in China like Jinan and Beijing. So smoggy that you don't even see the blue of the sky. Unless it's windy, and even then there's only a hint of blue directly above you. And yes, it's great to not have to worry about financially ruining your family if you break an arm or lose a finger. Yes, I know it's not ALWAYS that case in countries with private health care. I remember hearing someone say, if Brealig Bad had taken place in Canada Walt would just take a break from teaching for a bit until he got better. :crackup:
I broke my finger summer 2014 and had to have surgery. $24,000 later and 3 months out of work really devastated my family.
I couldn't imagine not being able to see the blue sky! No way I could live in that type of environment. The natural world is much to important to my sanity and peace.

Gabe

Geebus! 24 bigguns and three months out of work from a broken finger?! I sincerely hope everything is all well for you and your family by now.
And you can say that again, there's no way I'd be able to live in a cramped, smoggy, expensive place like Beijing. The air smelled exactly like exhaust, gasamoline, cigarettes, and only a slight tinge of fresh air.

Geebus! 24 bigguns and three months out of work from a broken finger?! I sincerely hope everything is all well for you and your family by now.
And you can say that again, there's no way I'd be able to live in a cramped, smoggy, expensive place like Beijing. The air smelled exactly like exhaust, gasamoline, cigarettes, and only a slight tinge of fresh air.

Thanks bro it took me about a year to get out of the debt but I did it this summer. I am a tattooist and it was a nasty break. No hands, no work. No work, no pay.
IMG_2713_zps3lv0sa1k.jpg

IMG_2685_zps7lifrgza.jpg

Reactions: GSS

Gabe

Son of a diddly, that's some gnarly stuff. How'd it happen? Sucks that your line of work depends so heavily on your hands. Glad you made it out of debt, however. :)

Son of a diddly, that's some gnarly stuff. How'd it happen? Sucks that your line of work depends so heavily on your hands. Glad you made it out of debt, however. :)

Stupid human tricks. Cycling to work my tire was rubbing on the fender so I reached down to pull the fender away from it rubbing and my hand got caught in the spokes and mangled throwing me off the bike. The other fingers all had soft tissue damage which took longer to heal then the break in some ways. Still not 100%

Gabe

Aghh the thought of getting your fingers mangled in the spokes of a bike makes me wince. Wish you a speedy recovery. How was your dexterity affected when you got back to tattooing, if you still weren't/aren't at 100%? Thanks for the rep btw.
Hey, lookit that! I gots me one of them fancy new 'M's beside my rank! I hear it stands for "manly".

:shhh: shhhh Cyp, don't spill the beans man. Once I get into the Oval office I lift the ban on CNI >5mW's so I can finally have the damn PGL 589! You're screwing my master plan up.

GSS

Awesome freefly! I'm very glad you enjoyed Canada. Even as an insider here I hear a lot of trashtalkin about "how boring Canada is, how lame and cold it is" but I still get surprised. Edmonton, my home, is usually widely regarded as barren industrial town with a large mall and not much else, but then you go fer a hike on some trails in our river valley parks (which I may add is almost 22 times the size of Central Park) and you realize there's a lot more to everything than you hear about in this country. Had a friend who visited Quebec City and says it was extremely nice, which shocked my cause I just presumed was a gabbage french cluster of old brick buildings in a windy cold plain. 'Course, I do wish Canada was more like the U.S. In the sense of the amount of things to do and technologically-oriented things to see. I do enjoy me a good nature walk every now and then, but where's a laser store when ya need one?! Toronto? Might as well be in China, what with how far away it is from me!
Around 1970 when I was 10ish I visited Canada, as far I remember it was all in Toronto. Mabey it was the beautiful National Park where the flowers were planted into the Toronto flag (forgive me but what is the name of that land) but at the time the air just smelled fresher up there. I grew up near Boston in MA. Everything seamed more laid back but I was 10 so I didnt have many worries. I remember getting $9.50 on $10 US. Also got my first knowledge about cable TV, I got caught watching naughty movies with my cousins. We didnt get cable in Boston till 10 years later (why I dont know!) All my memories of Canada are nothing but nice.:)

Around 1970 when I was 10ish I visited Canada, as far I remember it was all in Toronto. Mabey it was the beautiful National Park where the flowers were planted into the Toronto flag (forgive me but what is the name of that land) but at the time the air just smelled fresher up there. I grew up near Boston in MA. Everything seamed more laid back but I was 10 so I didnt have many worries. I remember getting $9.50 on $10 US. Also got my first knowledge about cable TV, I got caught watching naughty movies with my cousins. We didnt get cable in Boston till 10 years later (why I dont know!) All my memories of Canada are nothing but nice.:)

The name of that land is Ontario. It sounds like the Canadians were years ahead of us in cable TV. Where I lived in 1970, cable TV got you channels 2 - 13 and even then 2 or 3 of those channels had nothing yet. We didn't get naughty movies until 1980, and even then not on all cable systems. I haven't had cable in many years now, where I live it's not available and there is no broadcast TV that can be received here, the only choices are Internet and satellite.

Alan

GSS

The name of that land is Ontario. It sounds like the Canadians were years ahead of us in cable TV. Where I lived in 1970, cable TV got you channels 2 - 13 and even then 2 or 3 of those channels had nothing yet. We didn't get naughty movies until 1980, and even then not on all cable systems. I haven't had cable in many years now, where I live it's not available and there is no broadcast TV that can be received here, the only choices are Internet and satellite.

Alan
Pi never in my mind did I think you wouldnt come through LOL! Thats one beautiful park if its still kept the way it was. I cant remember how many channels at the time that there were? but the naughty one was called something......blue? What made the cable special was the reception more than the number of channels. In Boston out of the 5 mabey 2 channels had reception that would pass as watchable I lived in Greece for 5 months in 1975 and they had a total of 2 channels and would shut down at 10:00 pm but thats another story. I dont know how you do it to live in such a rural area and need to be prepared for any situation, but my hats of to you. :beer::beer::)

GSS

nwfreefly, I cant stop going back to look at your hand! like the a scary movie! I really hope you have a full recovery at some point:) Sorry double post

Last edited:
Pi never in my mind did I think you wouldnt come through LOL! Thats one beautiful park if its still kept the way it was. I cant remember how many channels at the time that there were? but the naughty one was called something......blue? What made the cable special was the reception more than the number of channels. In Boston out of the 5 mabey 2 channels had reception that would pass as watchable I lived in Greece for 5 months in 1975 and they had a total of 2 channels and would shut down at 10:00 pm but thats another story. I dont know how you do it to live in such a rural area and need to be prepared for any situation, but my hats of to you. :beer::beer::)

Thanks, I am not exactly camping here, but very close to it. People somehow got by before technology, even in harsh environments like here and farther north. The Native Americans here once lived in teepees or when traveling they made lean to type of shelters when they needed to. In the winter time when it got too cold where people would have frozen to death, they would build a big fire and burn it until you just have hot coals, then they would bury it with dirt and sleep on top of it. Imagine having to live like that, I guess life expectancy wasn't so long, but there are ways to deal with anything.

Alan

tonez

A water cooled build I made a few years back.

Attachments

• SAM_0460.jpg
    SAM_0460.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 32
Recent win

Villiers MK12 Engine with 24V 550W DC Generator ( Shunt type ) .

Engine runs and generator is working , but engine needs new exhaust gasket and a few other bits and a clean as its abit ruff when running

engin by TwirlyWhirly555, on Flickr

Last edited: