Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

Severe squall line 2011 Frisco Texas
7017-077.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sometimes it's the camera; sometimes its where you host the picture. I'm guessing its the second of the two in this case.

Also, I have a picture. It's a record my dad and I picked up down around the border alabama; psych LP from '68. Bought it for $.50 not knowing anything about it, sold it for $1200 a week later to the first of 6 guys in line wanting to buy it.

150601334132.jpg

Note, it's not my picture. Credit to the original photographer. I can't find my own at the moment; will replace this one when I find it.

Can't be my camera as I use a Nikon D90 with a 28-200mm. I just know its my lack of tech skills. I need to figure out what I'm doing when it comes to uploading URLs as I don't have a clue.

Things

I have fixed it for you :)

For future reference, click on the small thumbnail in your album so you get the larger image. Then right click on the larger image and copy the image URL. If you copy the small image URL, you'll get the small image. In this case, the small image URL was:

http://laserpointerforums.com/members/cgchaser/albums/storms-lots-cgs/7017t-077.jpg

And the large one:

http://laserpointerforums.com/members/cgchaser/albums/storms-lots-cgs/7017-077.jpg

Notice the small t? That means thumbnail :)

Dan

7024-dsc-0044.jpg
Outstanding and thank you, now all I have to do is try this with my 445 beam shot image.

Last edited:
photodiode from an old tape deck

SAM_3161.jpg

Same photodiode under NIR (940nm LED) light:

NVREC012.jpg

NVREC025.jpg

Rejoice! For bad things are about to happen.

Behold, 5769 x 5769 block labyrinth (walls and passages are 1 block wide).
larger.gif - Speedy Share - upload your files here
Download it here.

Just keep zooming in :D

I'm currently working on solving it with GIMP. It's a little trick that works with all photo editing software to solve a maze.
Essentually, you use a Magic Want select tool (or Fuzzy select tool or whatever is your equivalent of making a selection of a region of a picture with same/nearly same color). Select a pixel of a wall right next to the entrance point pixel.

Once you have that selection made, select "Grow" or whatever is your equivalent, and make the selection bigger by 1 pixel. Make new layer, fill with red color.
Now shrink the selection by 1 pixel and delete.

You should be left with 1 pixel wide line connecting the entrance with exit of a maze, providing a right-hand-method solution.

My dual core CPU is performing the Magic Want selection of the walls for oh, about 7 hours now, with color threshold reduced to zero and turned off antialiasing. With those options on, it ran for 14 hours before I stopped it.

Who's up for teh challenge?

Last edited:

Small Bird at Feeder by tsteele93, on Flickr

Sturgeon by tsteele93, on Flickr

Silhouette of Blue Heron at Sunset by tsteele93, on Flickr

Iron Claw by tsteele93, on Flickr

IMG_0751fm by tsteele93, on Flickr

Tryon Steeplechase, NC by tsteele93, on Flickr

IMG_0429 by tsteele93, on Flickr

IMG_9944e by tsteele93, on Flickr

IMG_8871-4x6 by tsteele93, on Flickr

IMG_5496-800 by tsteele93, on Flickr

IMG_5503-1024 by tsteele93, on Flickr

IMG_5524-800 by tsteele93, on Flickr

IMG_5523-1024 by tsteele93, on Flickr

ZR1 by tsteele93, on Flickr

awesome pics! I'll see what I can find for yall.. How do I get a good pic here link to flicker?

Just upload to Flickr and choose SHARE and choose 640 wide and it should give you the option to use BB code. Copy and paste that here.

Rejoice! For bad things are about to happen.

Behold, 5769 x 5769 block labyrinth (walls and passages are 1 block wide).
larger.gif - Speedy Share - upload your files here
Download it here.

Just keep zooming in :D

I'm currently working on solving it with GIMP. It's a little trick that works with all photo editing software to solve a maze.
Essentually, you use a Magic Want select tool (or Fuzzy select tool or whatever is your equivalent of making a selection of a region of a picture with same/nearly same color). Select a pixel of a wall right next to the entrance point pixel.

Once you have that selection made, select "Grow" or whatever is your equivalent, and make the selection bigger by 1 pixel. Make new layer, fill with red color.
Now shrink the selection by 1 pixel and delete.

You should be left with 1 pixel wide line connecting the entrance with exit of a maze, providing a right-hand-method solution.

My dual core CPU is performing the Magic Want selection of the walls for oh, about 7 hours now, with color threshold reduced to zero and turned off antialiasing. With those options on, it ran for 14 hours before I stopped it.

Who's up for teh challenge?

That sounds cool... Do you know which is the starting pixel? Or do you have to guess?

EDIT: Nevermind... I see the opening... Starting the clock now :D

EDIT 2: .... that took a whole 2 mins to do.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14298539/k8ichj73.png

Last edited:
Very nice images Tom, they look so clear :gj:

None of mine are that good but I do have some from all over the USA.

Devils Tower

Sun set in Gillette WY.

At the Japanese Gardens in SD.

At SD.

In SD harbor.

At SD.

Guess what these are :eg:

Pepi La Pew did not like me catching him and kept wanting to show me his tail.

Nelson Mt. covered Bridge

BM 2001, Art car carrying people around, night of the burn...

BM 2005, 1/2 way between the first day and the last day, up in a cherry picker with some friends.

And one picture no one should miss, taken on a Mt. top in the snow :)

Last edited:
That sounds cool... Do you know which is the starting pixel? Or do you have to guess?

EDIT: Nevermind... I see the opening... Starting the clock now :D

EDIT 2: .... that took a whole 2 mins to do.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14298539/k8ichj73.png
:thinking:

I obviously have a bug or something preventing a selection... How'd you do it?
EDIT, Also, you didn't shrink the selection back and deleted the rest of unneeded red color, so currently your solution is only the border of the red area.

Last edited:
:thinking:

I obviously have a bug or something preventing a selection... How'd you do it?
EDIT, Also, you didn't shrink the selection back and deleted the rest of unneeded red color, so currently your solution is only the border of the red area.

Not sure how to shrink the selection... I'm using photoshop... maybe its called something else? :thinking: