Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your pics of unique builds no-one else has

Very unusual builds, SOSDD. Are the toys plastic? I'd imagine it is a feat to get all the heat sinking, drivers, batteries and a charging port assembled inside one of these. Was not a Star Wars fan, but I get the appeal. + rep.

SOSDD

Very unusual builds, SOSDD. Are the toys plastic? I'd imagine it is a feat to get all the heat sinking, drivers, batteries and a charging port assembled inside one of these. Was not a Star Wars fan, but I get the appeal. + rep.

These are not plastic. In fact these hilts can't be bought anywhere but online. They are all aluminum, brass, copper and steel. Actually these aren't toys at all, an empty one starts at a couple hundred bucks. Thanks for the rep!!

Wow, I guess you are a fan to shell out that kind of money to get these replicas of the "light sabers". Very unique looking builds. You're more than welcome.

SOSDD

Well at least I don't have any problem with heat removal given there size:yh::yh:

BobMc

I thought I'd share one of my lightsabers with everyone. While I don't have the tools to machine my own hosts, I take empty custom replicas or kits and install all the electronics. All of mine have sound, accent lighting and many have highly detailed "guts" if you will. Here is my Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi. I have an extensive collection of these that I've done so if there is some interest I can post photos and even short videos of a whole bunch. The laser is 520nm, 700mw running on a micro flex. It runs on a single 18650 battery with a built in recharge port.

It's been said but those are just fantastic! :gj: very nice

Here is my N465 Obi-Wan Kenobi. BobMc was interested in seeing it. It is screen accurate with full sound and in hilt recharge.

Oh! I am so impressed, :thanks: for letting us see. As dden said "more of these" !

Here is my Luke Skywalker Empire Strikes Back. This one has sound, full crystal reveal and a 462nm laser with x-drive. Pardon the messy room in the beam shot :)

And more it was! Love the window. Nice!

One more, a group this time. This is a complete set from the original 1977 Star Wars. The vader is a 700 mw 638, the Obi a 4 watt 465, and the Luke a 2 watt 450.

Just gets better and better!

Makes a man think. :thinking:

Well at least I don't have any problem with heat removal given there size:yh::yh:

Solid metal? So nice, that's one of the nicest collections I've seen in awhile. :bowdown:

Last edited:
One more, a group this time. This is a complete set from the original 1977 Star Wars. The vader is a 700 mw 638, the Obi a 4 watt 465, and the Luke a 2 watt 450.
How much does something like those cost (without laser parts) ?

In an earlier post he said they were $200.00 and up, but only available online.

Last edited:

SOSDD

How much does something like those cost (without laser parts) ?

It depends on the individual model. They start at 150-200 and go up from there. Alot of what makes them even more unique is the amount of detail the installer goes into. This is what the inside of my Darth vader looks like

Attachments

• IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1319.JPG
    IMG_1319.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 51
It depends on the individual model. They start at 150-200 and go up from there. Alot of what makes them even more unique is the amount of detail the installer goes into. This is what the inside of my Darth vader looks like
That looks like it's using a real Kyber crystal ! :drool:

I just got done updating my home made beam expander with a Jetlasers output lens I robbed from my Jetlasers 10X beam expander, Now it can focus to a smaller point at a larger distance ! Plus it looks cooler as well !

Last edited:

SOSDD

Ok guys, here's one that took me several months to complete. It's a total unicorn that I assembled from parts. I called it Crimson Vengeance. Its a 635 nm. 700mw.

Attachments

• IMG_1322.JPG
    IMG_1322.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1323.JPG
    IMG_1323.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1324.JPG
    IMG_1324.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1325.JPG
    IMG_1325.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

BobMc

Ok guys, here's one that took me several months to complete. It's a total unicorn that I assembled from parts. I called it Crimson Vengeance. Its a 632 nm. 700mw.

Man those are a "work of art" well, well done. Those pictures were a pleasure to view. Thanks for posting them. :gj:

More than that, a GREAT job! :)

Last edited:
I think you are talking about the Oclaro 635nm 700 mW diode. Depending on driver current it could be as high as 1+ watts.