Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your mA and mW

jayrob

Please update mine too... :)

Now 640mA's - 530mW's with AixiZ 405 glass lens...

Hey there that is a really nice software package for your meter, I looked at those too; they looked really nice. Congrats!
Hi Electron,
It does look like a good software package, but I do question the accuracy of this particular measurement. The picture of the plot, says that an S121C sensor is being used, but the S121C spec. shows the S121C sensor to have an upper power limit of 500mw. Going beyond 500mw on this sensor may result in very inaccurate results, especially when exceeding it's maximum rating by a factor 2. This is also a silicon based sensor, so if any other wavelength are involved besides the 445 it was set for will result in big inaccuracies as the silicon sensors have a very non-linear response that is dependant upon the wavelegth ie. can't have any mixed wavelegths or the results will be way off just like if you use a lasercheck meter on a green pen pointer that's emitting IR as well.

I wish you could test one of these diodes on your Coherent meter, I would trust your results much more.

Picture-1.jpg

Long exposure

Last edited:

jayrob

It could be if you catch a reflection...

Those warning threads are serious. This wavelength at this power is very hazardous...

You are very much correct! I like my class 3 and 4 lasers and I treat them as if they are no different than my gun (no I don't shoot my couch).
However, I am a bit sad that these diodes don't run low enough to dink around with at my friends houses. I get way more use out of my 5mW R G and V's.

jayrob

You know they just might be able to be set at low powers...

I believe the threshold current is around 200mA's...

I would think you could adjust one down to 10mW's or even less.

ok I will try that with my next one. My LPM starts at 5mW so if i get a reading then its probably not a wave-around-the-house laser.

Wow...

I just tried and it almost caught fire at 530mW's...

It will easily cut a wood match in half in a few seconds!

Awsome, I really like to light the bare end of a match stick with my lg 10x Br diode it's quite impressive. It takes a little practice though to keep it from simply cutting it in half. I slowly move it towards the focal point, heating a larger area first and progressively moving to a smaller spot. I'm sure it's quite capable of doing the same as it will cut the wood in half. I cant wait to get one of the 445nm diodes, thanks Jay!!!

BTW I'm feeding my 10x with about 370ma so the output should be some where in the neighborhood of 500+mw, I really need an LPM:(

jayrob

Just shot a quick video... :D

* 445nm A130 diode
* 640mA's
* 530mW's
* AixiZ 405 glass lens

:drool: Now that's a laser! I've made a chart in excel with powers, currents, and lenses, but I can't figure out how to post it...