Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your: Desk/Work area!

ped

I'm guessing that was collection only!.

I love the old stuff. I have a minicraft (dremel type of thing) mini drill, its PSU is a simple single triac controller, because of the way the triac "chops", it's low RPM torque is as good as its high RPM torque. The PSU is from the 80's and I've yet to find a PSU as good as it.

alennn

Beautiful stuff here. And not so beautiful. I'll post a pic of my area tomorrow when there is better light.

Here's my basic desk setup. If you are wondering why there is a keyboard and mouse but no computer, well, I'm using the computer to take the picture! I own a Windows 8 tablet PC so I have to use Bluetooth everything with it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's not much of a desk setup but at least it comes with a mini fridge!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Desk.jpg
    Desk.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 532
  • Desk 2.jpg
    Desk 2.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 487
  • Mini fridge.jpg
    Mini fridge.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter

Here's my desk:

Normal Lighting

attachment.php

With my HID Spotlight on :D

attachment.php

Figure I'll take the picture now as I just cleaned my room this weekend, so it will only get messier. :p

Have done a slight upgrade since then. :D My lasers no longer need to share space with my toothbrush in that stationary holder.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1233.jpg
    1233.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Have done a slight upgrade since then. :D My lasers no longer need to share space with my toothbrush in that stationary holder.

attachment.php

Have done yet another upgrade since then. :D The PC in that previous picture was the one from this thread. In the end the mobo was dead and I wasn't able to fix it, so I have done a brand new build. :D

DSC-0542.jpg

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
That's a killer setup. Buying the new parts paid off. We gotta get on space engineers at some point.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Very cool setup, love that little floating UFO. :D

Hopefully the Alienware doesn't get abducted! :LOL:

It had been my long-term plan when I retired to build a personalized hobby workshop. I gradually acquired the equipment and items for doing so over several years before I retired in 2016. It has taken me between then and now working on it a few days here and there to finally get it fully up and running at the point it is now.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/a4sT8ZikCAYpNy8d6

Last edited: