Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your car spec and pictures

rkcstr said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm no American car fanatic, but you have to respect the crazy power of that car.  And, the Corvette ZR1 is certainly not just about the power, it is meant to be a supercar, so its going to handle well too.  Maybe not quite as well as the cart-like Elise, but the power/speed will very much likely make up the difference  ;)

I would love to have a Lotus, but I also like the panty-dropping power of the Corvette, but they're a totally different class of vehicles.... so, I'll take both  ;D

this is not true, take a ferrari.

mega power would keep up with the corvette but would make the corvette look silly in corners.

americans dont do corners, its a well known fact.

The SSC Ultimate Aero can take the slalom nicely. It also tops the Bugatti's top speed, but it ain't a comfy nor stable ride there unlike the Bugatti which does it with ease.

RattleHead said:
My money pit: 1999 Trans am... heads, cam and all the basic boltons.

430 at the wheels (through an auto, big stall & 12 bolt = mucho drivetrain loss), 11.60s in the 1/4 all motor with tranny issues.
That thing looks macho, nice launch!

Here's my 2003 Mustang... not bad for a 17 yr old ehh?  ;D

Edit- Dang, just noticed this pic is old.. well i painted the calipers red with caliper paint, replaced the antenna with a stubby one and added a chin spoiler to the front bumper since this pic. And other upgrades include a new cold air intake, and exhaust. Not much engine wise, but i also have an ipod interface (Harmon Kardon Drive+Play and a USA*SPEC aux input adder interface, so stock head unit, aftermarket sound), 2 ten inch subs and a 1200 watt amp with a 2 farad capacitor. Umm.. and 4 73 watt strobes in each headlight and taillights for fun at parkin lots and sequential turn signals... i think thats it...

Attachments

• DSC00944small.jpg
    DSC00944small.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 163

rkcstr

I think the chrome fender accents need to go  :p  Also not a big fan of the chrome tail-lights on "muscle cars", or really any car for that matter...

Also, reducing the fender gap with some nice suspension parts would greatly improve the look, not to mention improving handling/braking.  And, don't just get cheap ebay coilovers, get something well-designed for your specific vehicle  ;)

rkcstr said:
I think the chrome fender accents need to go  :p  Also not a big fan of the chrome tail-lights on "muscle cars", or really any car for that matter...

Also, reducing the fender gap with some nice suspension parts would greatly improve the look, not to mention improving handling/braking.  And, don't just get cheap ebay coilovers, get something well-designed for your specific vehicle  ;)

100% agreed. the fender things and the under-door vinyl need to go. Engine improvements for the Mustang are readily available, you have no excuse =P

my car:

img_6468_microsoft_laser_desktop_4000_5.jpg

andy_con said:
[quote author=rkcstr link=1221252512/40#44 date=1221525689]Don't get me wrong, I'm no American car fanatic, but you have to respect the crazy power of that car.  And, the Corvette ZR1 is certainly not just about the power, it is meant to be a supercar, so its going to handle well too.  Maybe not quite as well as the cart-like Elise, but the power/speed will very much likely make up the difference  ;)

I would love to have a Lotus, but I also like the panty-dropping power of the Corvette, but they're a totally different class of vehicles.... so, I'll take both  ;D

this is not true, take a ferrari.

mega power would keep up with the corvette but would make the corvette look silly in corners.

americans dont do corners, its a well known fact.[/quote]
Who says americans don't do corners :p I love to race in both straight and "circuit" style street races in my truck, although positive traction makes that a bit hard :p

do I count as an American if I've only lived in America a few years?

VillageIdiot said:
[quote author=rkcstr link=1221252512/40#52 date=1221948197]I think the chrome fender accents need to go  :p  Also not a big fan of the chrome tail-lights on "muscle cars", or really any car for that matter...

100% agreed. the fender things and the under-door vinyl need to go. Engine improvements for the Mustang are readily available, you have no excuse =P[/quote]
Fenders flares came on the vehicle when i bought it, self taping screws. So i won't be removing them and leaving holes ;) and I am planning on getting lowering springs with new struts and roll bars and freakin wide tires that should give an aggressive stance. As far as the engine goes, its a v6? so engine upgrades arn't as common, but i do want to get it stroked to 4.2L with new polished intakes, piston heads ect. ...an 11psi supercharger wouldnt be bad either  ::)

Edit- O and about those tail lights... smoked ones are on the way... again, the woman who owned the car previously chose them...
And the door vinyl is part of the pony package? its a tell-tale sign for stang fanboys (same as fog lights... )

motorider826 said:
[quote author=VillageIdiot link=1221252512/40#53 date=1221950193][quote author=rkcstr link=1221252512/40#52 date=1221948197]I think the chrome fender accents need to go  :p  Also not a big fan of the chrome tail-lights on "muscle cars", or really any car for that matter...

100% agreed. the fender things and the under-door vinyl need to go. Engine improvements for the Mustang are readily available, you have no excuse =P[/quote]
Fenders flares came on the vehicle when i bought it, self taping screws. So i won't be removing them and leaving holes ;) and I am planning on getting lowering springs with new struts and roll bars and freakin wide tires that should give an aggressive stance. As far as the engine goes, its a v6? so engine upgrades arn't as common, but i do want to get it stroked to 4.2L with new polished intakes, piston heads ect. ...an 11psi supercharger wouldnt be bad either  ::)

Edit- O and about those tail lights... smoked ones are on the way... again, the woman who owned the car previously chose them...
And the door vinyl is part of the pony package? its a tell-tale sign for stang fanboys (same as fog lights... )[/quote]

why'd you buy a stang v6 anyway?

Well, the stang is kind of supposed to have a V8, a v6 stang is like the Porsche Boxster to the 911... it might be nice, but it just isn't right.

My wifes drive car, my weekend car.  VX Commodore, Alloy 5.7lt, cold air ind., pipes, etc.  Basically all I could do to it without opening up the engine or bolting on a blower, which I havn't ruled out yet.  It has also been tuned on a dyno using the LS1 edit program and now gets 300hp at the rear wheels.  Not bad for a smooth, very streetable car with lots of torque(I would love a big block though).

This is the only pic I have ATM
5-1.jpg

I used to own a LJ Torana(they only ever came out with a 202ci straight 6 and was done up like an XU-1) with a highly strung 350ci small block(cast iron), 9inch diff, 4spd, etc.  They are only a small car, much power to weight ratio, but with WAY too much weight over the front end.  It was a bit of a pig to try and drive smoothly and just insane in the wet(it had widened STD 13inch wheels, LOL !!).  I never bothered trying to get it to hook up as it just would have destroyed the car.  I forget the cam specs now but it was the biggest, at the time(18yrs ago), we could stuff into it without going to a roller cam.  It was funny to see peoples faces when they pulled up next to it at the lights and heard it idling, It didn't need a choke, and idled at just over 1150rpm.  It would rev to just over 8000rpm in a burnout, 7300rpm in top gear.  It really needed taller gearing but it still topped out around 130mph, and got there pretty quickly.  The engine dyno showed figures of 492hp, I don't remember the other figures.  But man it was a FUN car to drive, the only way to get it to go around corners with any sort of haste was to point the front at said corner then use the right boot to control the yaw ;D ;D.  Somehow I managed to survive that car, but i'd say only just.

Google can take better pictures of my car than I ever could.

1996er_ford_probe.jpg

probe.jpg

1996 Ford Probe. I don't know much about the engine aside from the fact it's 16 valve V4. 160K miles. It's not the best car in the world, but it looks cool (IMO), gets 35 MPG (average), and I got it for $900 - less than many of my lasers. How sad is that?

VillageIdiot said:
Well, the stang is kind of supposed to have a V8, a v6 stang is like the Porsche Boxster to the 911... it might be nice, but it just isn't right.
Well, the car is way cheaper with a v6, better gas mileage. Plus the v6 has a stronger engine block anyways, so it can take more forced induction without forged parts.... But yeah, i wish it was a v8 but stroking it and a super charger you can get 300-400hp from a v6 with decent gas mileage. Not bad? Plus the car was bought for me when i was 15, I'm not going to complain.