Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post pictures of you and a laser!

Ace82

ok, I just have to comment on that laser set up...
Phillip, what LD's are you using? And what type of driving system are you using? And, why not have 1/2 red and 1/2 blu ray? :p

diachi

What power is each LD running at ?

I've actually seen pics of this setup before, a few months ago! amazing setup !!

whats the final output ?

-Adam

Completely insane laser setup you got there phillip. :eek:

In fact, the coolest I've ever seen. How much did such a project set ya back? ::)

Hello!
The diodes are open can Mitsubishi types. Driven to ~200mW after optics.
The beast had only 2,3Watts, becouse of the bad mirrors :-(
The drivers I made by my own....
At that time the only blu-ray what was cheap was the PS3 diode, and only 15mW, wasn´t interesting to couble :)
Greetings,
Phil

Ace82

Oh, ok (about the blu ray) That would be pretty crazy to have a 2W pink laser... :eek: :-* ;D

Nice set up there... I wouldn't have the heart to do that type of project in lieu of having 20 hand helds... unless I had ALLOT of extra ca$h! :eek: So what's so "bad" about your mirrors? They're not surface mount? I would imagine those would be much cheaper then the LD's... you should post some burning videos!

ok this is my 115 mw bluray was cooking at time of picture really helps the images :D

Attachments

• New_Image.JPG
    New_Image.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 100
Ace82 said:
Oh, ok (about the blu ray)  That would be pretty crazy to have a 2W pink laser... :eek: :-*   ;D

Nice set up there... I wouldn't have the heart to do that type of project in lieu of having 20 hand helds... unless I had ALLOT of extra ca$h!  :eek:  So what's so "bad" about your mirrors?  They're not surface mount?   I would imagine those would be much cheaper then the LD's... you should post some burning videos!

i would much rather have 2+watt laser in my projector than have 20 hand helds :)

and a lot of even surface mount mirrors lose power. you ca get them coated or pay some big money for highly efficient mirrors

twas a foggy night here on campus, so i took the opportunity - me with my WL 35mW

Click Image to Enlarge

How about pictures of me with a laser wound? Took a beam right across the face...

I keed, I keed!  I was in a haunted trail thing this weekend, and they had Hollywood make-up people doing make-up for all the scary people in the thing.  The head guy doing the make up for everybody there did make up for all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, it was awesome!  I was actually only like the 3rd most gruesome person the night this was taken, it was good fun.  Other than the awesome fake wound, this is the worst picture of me ever taken, it was after the whole night of running around, hiding, and jumping out at people, I was a real mess and looked like it, but the make up still looked great.

Attachments

• 800_DSCN1604.JPG
    800_DSCN1604.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 88
Wow, you have a powerful laser if it can rip your face apart like that! ;D

When I first scrolled down the page and saw this pic, I thought "gosh, what happened to that guy?!?" :eek: Then I read the text in rather a relief.
Awesome fake wound, looks very realistic.