Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post pictures of you and a laser!

Ok Artix...
You asked for them.
000_0076.jpg

000_0077.jpg

I think it's the stache'.

Nice! I'll get a pic up at me when I get my Alpha125 to work.

Something makes me feel that the laser above this post is NOT the original Sonar II. ::)

LazerGuy said:
Nice! I'll get a pic  up at me when I get my Alpha125 to work.

Something makes me feel that the laser above this post is NOT the original Sonar II. ::)

i was thinking of getting an alpha, what do ya mean yours doesn't work?!?!?!

diachi

Jimmymcjimthejim said:
Ok Artix...
You asked for them.
000_0076.jpg

000_0077.jpg

I think it's the stache'.

Wow that tash ;D You remind me of someone I know actually ;D

To travislikescoolstuff:

Well, the safety dongle struggles (I have to push it really hard for the laser to even go over 75mW or so), and the aperture shutter is broken. Somehow a small scew has become loose inside it (between the aperture and the lens), so I don't dare to use it as I'm afraid that the screw will rattle around, damaging the lens.

But the laser is working perfectly fine apart from that. I bought it second-hand so I cannot send it back to Nova to be fixed, so either I'll have to try it myself OR send it to someone more knowledgeable to do it. I'm considering IgorT as he is very nice and an elite when it comes to electronics.

diachi

LazerGuy said:
Well, the safety dongle struggles (I have to push it really hard for the laser to even go over 75mW or so), and the aperture shutter is broken. Somehow a small scew has become loose inside it (between the aperture and the lens), so I don't dare to use it as I'm afraid that the screw will rattle around, damaging the lens.

But the laser is working perfectly fine apart from that. I bought it second-hand so I cannot send it back to Nova to be fixed, so either I'll have to try it myself OR send it to someone more knowledgeable to do it. I'm considering IgorT as he is very nice and an elite when it comes to electronics.

I've seen that with another Alpha before, the front bit screws off and you can fix the screw.

-Adam

artix

YAY! People are posting pictures!

Laserguy, send it to nova. They will fix it if you pay them. ;)

the front aperture unscrews easily. There shouldn't be any glue or anything holding it, as that is designed to be removable. The little screw should be really easy to put back in. Also, the dongle is pretty easy to bypass, but the tailcap must be partially disassembled to do it.

Not very. I was getting about 50mW on all lines yesterday, but I realigned the mirrors actually just a couple hours ago and got a 50% power increase for a total of 75mW on all lines now. Considering the old girl is just about at the end of her life.

I forgot to upload those pictures until just now..... here we go:

We had a really foggy night here so I decided to play around with my multi-line argon and my 660nm module.  Even though the moon was full (it was bright enough to almost read a book!) my camera doesn't do well in low light situations, even with longer ambient light exposures.  However, I did get a pic of myself with some beams behind me, and a pic of just the lasers themselves.   I also took some pics with my film SLR, so those will probably turn out better, but of course it might be a while before I get them developed.

8d6.jpg

573.jpg

diachi

@ Event Horizon: Where did you get that optics mounting bench ?

Nice argon btw.

-Adam