Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possible 8X Sled from HighTechDealz

Dave has known me for about a little over a year from LEF over their they dubbed me the Lasnater. Only because I have fried way to many PHR's trying to get the pulse driver to work the way I want. And from what I see Igor has fried way more then I have. :na:
But my quest is to achieve the high output and preserve diode life. :angel:
Their Diode Cereal Killers. :crackup:

dont worry, frosty, dave and igor know how to treat (and mistreat) those diodes.. ;-)
..which doesnt necessarily mean that the diodes will be alright ;-)

manuel

daguin

But my quest is to achieve the high output and preserve diode life. :angel:
Their Diode Cereal Killers. :crackup:

Our goals are the same. Unfortunately, with these newer diodes we may actually end up killing more of them. The last two diodes have basically just climbed up the power graph to failure WITHOUT showing us any "kinks." How I long for the good old days where a diode would show you a nice "knee" just below the fail point.

Graph it up to the knee. Back it down 10mA. Burn it forever. <sigh >

An R&D team in in China can burn up many of them to decide on (read discover) the highest safe current/output. Unfortunately our budgets are a bit more restricted.

Peace,
dave

Jerry you know the huts can't keep all the rain out.
and with the rice patty's near by their is going to be a lot of humidity. :whistle::D

I hadn't even unwrapped the S03 sled I bought from kendal...
I just opened it and yes.. I've seen this type of metal corrosion
before but only after a few years in a humid/wet environment..
Some of the corrosion spots look like they were settling liquid
drying out..

Jerry

P.S. I almost had you an LG 8X yesterday. Somebody came in and snaked it out from under us for a significantly higher price than my offer. :( I'll keep looking. The prices are starting to fall a bit as well. The release of the 12X should knock the pins out from under the 8X in the DIY PC market.

Peace,
dave

Are you finding these on craigslist or something? I've looked all over the listings here in the Phoenix area, and haven't found a single blu-ray burner drive.

daguin

Are you finding these on craigslist or something? I've looked all over the listings here in the Phoenix area, and haven't found a single blu-ray burner drive.

Most of them have been on DIY PC "hacker" type lists. They are actually a bit too new to have hit the used equipment lists yet.

Peace,
dave

Thats why the data sheet is so important
They can test 1000 per shift so they know their average their max and their frying point and what circumstances need to be to achieve the max power out and a long life, that's why we need to fallow their lead and create the ideal diode living environment.
:tinfoil:

Our goals are the same. Unfortunately, with these newer diodes we may actually end up killing more of them. The last two diodes have basically just climbed up the power graph to failure WITHOUT showing us any "kinks." How I long for the good old days where a diode would show you a nice "knee" just below the fail point.

Graph it up to the knee. Back it down 10mA. Burn it forever. <sigh >

An R&D team in in China can burn up many of them to decide on (read discover) the highest safe current/output. Unfortunately our budgets are a bit more restricted.

Peace,
dave

daguin

Free shipping, but for we that live in California, we have to pay 10% sales tax :(

However, for those outside of CA $170 for the OEM model is pretty good. Of course they will only go down with time . . . . .

Peace,
dave

Thats when you count on a true friend to purchase it with your money and have it shipped to you.

Free shipping, but for we that live in California, we have to pay 10% sales tax :(

However, for those outside of CA $170 for the OEM model is pretty good. Of course they will only go down with time . . . . .

Peace,
dave

IgorT

Dave, i fear your package got stuck at the customs... :(

I'll need an exact list of what was inside. Probably no invoice?

IgorT

If you all are going to test them you need some one with a LaserBee 1 power meter or better to get an accurate reading!
and stop pushing them with a CW driver in their PW power levels!!!!:banghead:
That's like putting NOS on a stock GEO metro.

Seriously man, there is something wrong with you?

First of all, i have made several of my own thermopile based meters, and Peltipile based meters like the Laserbee...

And my meters are SPOT ON with a $3500 Coherent LabMax Top! And close to the Laserbee, which i'm sure is a fine meter too...

The Peltipile meters i made are also spot on, but vary +/-0.5% according to wavelength. Just like the Laserbee, i'm sure.. If it has the same coating.. But Laserbee won't share his peltiers with me even for a laser build.. :(
Never mind his coating methods, even tho i'm sure we could both learn from each other!

It "only" cost me two lasers to get to that kind of precision.... But it was worth knowing that my measurements were right all along!

Second of all, what power do YOU set PHRs and GGWs to at CW?!?

Are you here to advertise the Laserbee or your fabulous pulsed driver?

I already asked you to send me one of your drivers for testing. Hey i'll pay for it if it helps, and i'll make a nice honest review.

Unlike you with me, i don't have ANY problem with you.

Why are you even here if you hate this forum and the members so much?

Last edited:

IgorT

Thats why the data sheet is so important
They can test 1000 per shift so they know their average their max and their frying point and what circumstances need to be to achieve the max power out and a long life, that's why we need to fallow their lead and create the ideal diode living environment.
:tinfoil:

So how many did YOU test again?

daguin

Dave, i fear your package got stuck at the customs... :(
I'll need an exact list of what was inside. Probably no invoice?

Well that would be sad. I put this little package together so fast that I did not put an invoice in it. The contents are listed as "salvaged" diodes. They all "look" salvaged so I hope it will not cause us too much trouble.

There was one "S03" pressed into an aiXiz module.

Inside the module was a second "S03", wrapped in tinfoil, and the little lens from in front of the diode.

Also, in a small plastic holder and small black anti-static bag, was the LG BH08 diode in it's heat sink.

I would think that it shouldn't be too much problem to convince them that they are worth very little money, but you know them much better than I

Peace,
dave

But Laserbee won't share his peltiers with me even for a laser build.. :(

NO I won't share my company's research and development proprietary technologies...
unless you want to invest and become a partner...

I'm sorry that you're so pi$$ed off about that... that you had to post about what I deemed
"private" in the PMs we exchanged...

All you need to do is have some manufactured for your self... Like we did...

I even gave you the name of a supplier/manufacture for the TECs you were
searching for... and you're whining about it..

BTW... I found a brand new 8mm X 8mm TEC that we can't use for the LaserBee I
Thermopile..
You can have it for the price we paid for it ($38.00US) plus shipping..

Jerry

Last edited: