Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Poll: what was your first laser and what year did you get it?

Is it just me or is there no Poll...:thinking:

Jerry

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

@TheDukeAnumber1 wut? Why $120? I bought it that year too and it was about $35
My first laser was the dx dilda as well :)

Last edited:
At the time I just didn't know any better, I forget where I had bought it. Comparing it to WL's E3 it was cheaper and focusable.

Glad to hear someone else's first was with that laser too though lol.

My first laser was and still have it is a 1/2 mw HeNe Metrologic kit. I built it back 1988 at about $300.00 for the kit. And yes it still works.

My first laser was from a local gunshow. It was a "50mw". Now mind you this was the laser that brought me here. I was curious about more power. So I came here. Learned to pot mod. I have no idea what the real power was. But it could smoke black plastic in less than ten seconds. It cost me fifty even. And it was a diode type host with a wrist strap.

IsaacT

My first laser was a pointer I purchased from Office Depot when I was in 7th or 8th grade...so roughly 2004. My first REAL lasers I actually purchased together. They were Rayfoss Waterproof lasers, 50mW 532nm and 200mW 660nm. I paid 40 dollars and 90 dollars respectively.

My first laser, was when I was 5-7 year old, it were from those that you change the head and the beam was small designs :)) Red ones, low power :))
At my 10, I bought ebay laser pens :))

My first was was a keychain presentation pointer, a red pointer at <1mW. My first "real" laser was a Wicked Lasers Evolution Pro 20mW, for $120... LPM'd in at 53mW avg :wave:

Small sun ZY-350, 532 DPSS

Advertised, of course, 5mw on Ebay. The beamshot pictures got me, along with a $22 price tag. I still have it, and works great! Used it this past weekend, as a matter of fact.

I later got curious about the actual power out, and found this website. Oh... the memories!

EDIT: I am incorrect!!!!! I found a red laser pen when I was in the military. It had two buttons. One for steady on, one to strobe at half-second intervals. I wish I knew where that thing went... Radio Shack brand, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

tonyt

First laser was in 93' when i was 10. Don't know the mW but i guarantee it was well under 1! My first "real" laser was a 2.7W+ 445nm off a member here.. Not even a month ago :) ....Yeah... I know..

5mw green probably way more power than that about 3 years ago ,about same time some 5mw reds

My first laser was a 30-50mW green one in a pen style host with a star effect cap

I bought it in walking street in Pattaya city Thailand for only 7,30euro ^^
Sadly it broke a few days after i got back in holland :(
But my girlfriend was nice enough to send me 2 replacements which i still have now ^^

I bought the laser last april so you could say i am very new to lasers :p

I bought a Fleabay 5mW 532nm special :) about 3 years ago, 6 months later I got a 100mW 532nm from Rayfoss