Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Poll: What new wavelength would you most like to see accessible within 5 years.

What new wavelength would you most like to see accessible within 5 years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For some reason it won't directly link to the wiki page :eek: Just click the "Did you mean Orange" tab haha. Yeah, back when I owned a ~593.5nm laser it didn't look very orange apart for the beam(on very rare occasions) :yh:

-Alex

I know what you were going for.
It's the parentheses. You moved it outside your link. It'll be more apparent if you go in to edit.

The 593.5 is just a bit too close to the edge for me to call orange. I'd want something that's the color of a rich sunset.

Rivem, you have just described that perfectly, now I want one ... and am considering allowing multiple votes if I can :whistle:

I have added 575nm to the list for you Lazerman121. The last time I saw that wavelength was when watching a video on a dye laser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAYxfsHyVSA You probably have already seen it, but here is the link anyway.

Yellow could be useful in picos, a direct golden yellow diode would be nice.

Yellow could be useful in picos, a direct golden yellow diode would be nice.
Should I put 590 on the list, RedCowboy?

I would be very interested if in 5 years time, we will actually have any of these wavelengths we have voted for.

Me and Rivem inquired about getting some 622nm diodes to put into a handheld and let's just say that neither of us immediately bought one. I'll let Rivem chime in the details if he wishes but I'll say a single diode was around the ballpark of a 50mW Spartan 589 as of today :)

Orange lasers(apart from 593.5) are still crazy expensive!

-Alex

Me and Rivem inquired about getting some 622nm diodes to put into a handheld and let's just say that neither of us immediately bought one. I'll let Rivem chime in the details if he wishes but I'll say a single diode was around the ballpark of a 50mW Spartan 589 as of today :)

Orange lasers(apart from 593.5) are still crazy expensive!

-Alex
What was the output? If it was in the 100+mw range that would actually be worth it IMO.

What was the output? If it was in the 100+mw range that would actually be worth it IMO.

It was around 50mW's. Then you have to factor in a host, driver etc...

CNI also offered 622nm diodes but wanted around $500 for the diode and another $500 for the module!!! :eek:

-Alex

CNI also offered 622nm diodes but wanted around $500 for the diode and another $500 for the module!!! :eek:

-Alex
I thought rpmclasers offered a 622nm 150mW c-mount for $540, or $390/pc for 10 pieces.

-Alex
Yeah...That's a bit much for a direct diode laser. I mean if somebody was selling a 'ready made' portable unit for $700 that might be fair, but $1000 for a module? No thanks:cryyy:

A pumpkin orange laser would do nicely in my collection although 610nm still looks nicer IMO. Shame about the 622nm cost.
This is the exact reason why I made this poll. The wavelengths that we want to see are all still ridiculously expensive. Even exotic wavelengths that have been around for some time now. 589nm is still expensive; despite it's growing popularity, and forget getting it in lab form if you want the slightest bit of power for your money. But in the short time that I have been around; including the time when I was just viewing, I have seen new wavelengths pop up that never used to exist in direct diode, or was affordable for the hobbyist. So keep hoping and start saving. ;)

Back