Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

POLL: BAN high power laser sales to the general public?

Should global sales of class 4 laser pointers be banned to the public ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody will use one for a criminal act plain and simple.

And guess what, those acts are already criminal. You sound like the people who try to ban guns to keep them away from criminals, however the very definition of a criminal is someone who doesn't obey the law.

I have been injured by one of my high power <400mw reds and it was an error in judgment. I completely recovered from that, but I get many more injuries in the Dojo, doing Kenpo. If you have a passion for powerful coloured light beams, nothing will stop you from acquiring them. And I'm sure Kenpo won't be banned by the government any time soon. ;-)

I have not discussed this before, I wish to share my opinion as others do. Dead horse or not, ITS A FORUM with new members, the discussion is NEW to us.

Simply do not read. If the topic is old to you, go post some playboy pics or how somebody asked you for pot.:crackup:

I have been injured by one of my high power <400mw reds and it was an error in judgment. I completely recovered from that, but I get many more injuries in the Dojo, doing Kenpo. If you have a passion for powerful coloured light beams, nothing will stop you from acquiring them. And I'm sure Kenpo won't be banned by the government any time soon. ;-)

I have a passion for colored light beams, but I do not walk nor drive around with a class 4 laser at the ready. Possibly blinding people over road rage, seemingly encouraged to boot.

Mine stay in my house where they belong.

You do realize use of these in public is a no no right? Yet almost every build I see posted are of lasers that require a variance for outdoor use shooting into the sky for obligatory 'beamshots'.

Many double standards at play here.

Last edited:
And guess what, those acts are already criminal. You sound like the people who try to ban guns to keep them away from criminals, however the very definition of a criminal is someone who doesn't obey the law.

Right, those acts are illegal by definition under the law. A criminal doesn't obey the law. period . Why punish law abiding citizen. Why beat a dead horse.

I have not discussed this before, I wish to share my opinion as others do. Dead horse or not, ITS A FORUM with new members, the discussion is NEW to us.

Simply do not read. If the topic is old to you, go post some playboy pics or how somebody asked you for pot.:crackup:

I have a passion for colored light beams, but I do not walk nor drive around with a class 4 laser at the ready. Possibly blinding people over road rage, seemingly encouraged to boot.

Mine stay in my house where they belong.

You do realize use of these in public is a no no right? Yet almost every build I see posted are of lasers that require a variance for outdoor use shooting into the sky for obligatory 'beamshots'.

Many double standards at play here.

Please define the meaning of public? Public doesn't mean pointing into the night sky. Shooting a laser into the sky is not a problem nor is it illegal. Just don't point at aircraft.
Keeping your lasers in your house is your business. I have shown my lasers in a science class here in Korea following all safety regulations. Technically this is a public setting, however, this is NOT illegal!

Many members on LPF, commonly use hand held lasers for the purpose of pointing out stars and constellations, while being very cautious of any aircraft existing in that airspace. Some might argue that every time they do that they need a variance signed by some government official. I'm absolutely against the idea of not being able to use them in their safest form, which is pointed up into the sky, with the least risk for injury(while keeping said lasers "off" any time aircraft are spotted on the horizon) Just use the "clicky" ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.