Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Polished Survivallasers S4

Here is my custom polished S4 I did a while back. I still plan on doing some GITD work on here. I can not believe there are not more of these they look really sweet polished especially with 1W of indigo coming out of it. With all the details on the host it was difficult to polish but I managed to do it and it came out alright. I also replaced the tail cap button with a blue one
0j6eO7ul.jpg

nDA4h7rl.jpg

3f8iJssl.jpg

Let me know if you need any help with the gitd. Did my ms ssw a while back and it came out great!!!

http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/gitd-ms-ssw-85626.html

That thing looks very nice polished. I imagine it took a while to get in all the grooves. They look like perfect depth for gitd mixture.

Can do. you are one of the reasons I wanted to polish/gitd mine. On an unrelated note I was looking through your thread and you called offroadfreak offloadfreak lol.

Tmack

Haha, please don't go looking at my crappy typing!

That was a fun project. Just recently sold it. Ill have to find another host that would look good with it. I have yet to build a 520nm, the new 120mw are out, and I have a good amount of green powder which glows the best. So all sign point to green!

Yeah yeah 1w, I know ;)

Haha, please don't go looking at my crappy typing!

That was a fun project. Just recently sold it. Ill have to find another host that would look good with it. I have yet to build a 520nm, the new 120mw are out, and I have a good amount of green powder which glows the best. So all sign point to green!

Yeah yeah 1w, I know ;)
You should see one of the hosts I am designing for WBS host contest. It is great for gitd I'll have it uploaded by the end of this week.

Last edited:

Tmack

I've been waiting to see some of the entries. Anything mechanically different? Or just cosmetic? Or both ?

The outside will be quite different it is a host for people who love gitd. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of the diode pressed directly into the host machined metal tailcap and conical focus adapter. I have another design too, but I think I'll keep that one under wraps till I enter it.

Tmack

Sounds like its right up my alley :beer: can wait to see yours and the rest.

I had a few ideas that would allow you to focus the laser closer to the battery tube by making the focus adapter have a decorative drop down design that would flow with the look of the host and heatsink, but also serve as a way to change focus without having to grab the front of the laser. All I have is a sketch pad, so I think I'll just let the big boys play on this one lol.

Tmack

Yeah some douche bought it for a ridiculously cheap price. Lucky bastard!

Where the heck is the casa in your signature (back on topic lol)

I think it really needs some nice GITD work. The 100% polished, IMO, is way too much. Its too much shine, add some GITD and it'll be perfect ;)

Very nice, the S4 is my favorite host, usually I'm not a big fan of the polished look but the S4 wears it well. IMO leave out the GITD, putting GITD on the outside of hosts makes for great pictures when you charge up the GITD nicely then shut the lights off and take a picture, the the rest of the time your left with a host with IMO unattractive pasty white sections where the GITD is then 95% of the time you don't see the glow.

Although I would recommend putting GITD on the inside of the focus ring, and if your really brave inside the lens barrel and module. Then after every lasing the GTID gets charged and put to good use aesthetically. In short, it looks killer, don't muck up the outside with GITD.

Garoq

Wow that looks awesome!! I think I will get some unanodized ones with our next order. :)

Wow that looks awesome!! I think I will get some unanodized ones with our next order. :)

Sweet, but... you'd be taking all the fun out. who doesn't like chemical baths steel wool and polishing. jk