Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pokémon GO

Have you been playing Pokémon GO?

• Haven't played, but plan to try.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rivem

I've played it a bit. Kinda sucks for rural players in areas like mine. Not many special spawns, and not many pokestops at all. Really just invloves circling around and driving to places you know there are stops. I'm seeing level 25+ players in gyms though, and I'm almost certain they had to hack to get there or come from elsewhere.

Honestly though, the game needs a lot more to do, or people will bore too fast. Definitely a game that feels very grindy when nothing new is popping up.

Where I live there are many pokestops and encounter pokemon very often, and know of a few places with 3-4 pokestops which are regularly stocked with lures.
But I still only see the same few pokemon. I'm level 22 and only caught 80 different Pokemon so far. I have MANY complaints on this game, but it is still a fun reason to spend time outside.

I can't believe Pokemon Go made it to LPF :crackup:

Anyway, I played it for a little bit just to try it out but I didn't see a point :eek:

Guilty, I wanted to see what the buzz was about and it turns out it's pretty fun. Although only lvl 16 here since no time really to play and rural living.

I'm seeing level 25+ players in gyms though, and I'm almost certain they had to hack to get there or come from elsewhere.

I saw a lvl 36 yesterday, but with near constant play and lucky egg evolution runs I think it's probably possible without a hack.

Level 21. Considering this poll came up after I my 420 cp rhyhorn in the win thread, I wonder ing that's the reason this thread started. lol. I've found 76 and seen 78. Right now I'm working on pidgey and caterpie candy for my next lucky egg round. I'm also trying to get enough for a few other things for evolutions. Lucky egg will give you 2,000 exp per evolution if you haven't registered the pokemon to the pokedex yet.

For eggs, I can hatch at least 1 5k per day. I still haven't seen any 10k eggs.

I find it hard to believe there is a level 36 already considering how much experience is needed per level starting around 25. Level 29 to 30 requires 300,000.

I saved unregistered evolutions for my previous lucky egg. But my S4 phone is reacting kinda slow to the scrolling in the inventory, which wasted a lot of time.
I think that I actually lost out potential XP bonus, if simply had just focused on Weedles and Pidgeys instead. Which is my strategy for the next egg.

Pman

Less than 0 interest. Seems like a gigantic time waster that most people who try it will suddenly realize........ wait for it.......that was a gigantic waste of my time.
I know, tells us what you really think;)

I found a way to GPS bounce in game from location to location without getting banned or raising any flags :D

94Z28

I found a way to GPS bounce in game from location to location without getting banned or raising any flags :D

Im sorry not trying to offend but atleast the one point Pokemon go had going was to make kids get out of their homes put down the Ps4 controller and walk to find the Pokemon.

If they just start GPS cloning then the purpose of making them walk for it will be shattered; then it will REALLY be a waste of time.

Idiots will do stupid shit no matter what. Just read the safety instructions for any item to refresh your memory. Just because the game does not interest you does not mean that it's stupid or a waste of time.
Shit frame of mind you got there.

Last edited:
Look, I understand why people, and especially those born before the early 90's don't see the point of this game, or pokemon at all. It is a phenomenon of a generation and it mostly only appeals to those who grew up with it.
I can relate to being annoyed by something that seems to be very popular and feel excluded by it, but I don't have to try make some ridiculous excuses like "its stupid, and everyone who likes it is stupid".

And I'll tell you why it's not stupid. As someone who spends far too much time inside, this is a great motivation to get some fresh air and exercise. Plus, I engage with random people who also play the game and get to exchange knowledge and just have a good time. Getting that from a game is pretty great.

The media loves to make stories about people getting into trouble while playing the game, and that is simply because the game is so popular right now. It's how media works. FAR more people people in trouble from texting and driving or DUI.
The game IS promoting the player to always be aware of their surroundings, do not trespass, and do not drive while playing. Some few people are just retarded. Not the game's fault.