Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pod mod gone bad... help!

I don't like you now

j/k you r lucky

Jerry Ima bee Ima bee Ima Ima lasersbee
Me neither- when I fry one it stays fried.:mad:

first time I heard that B.E.P. song I thought of Jerry- and every time since!!:crackup:

Things

I thought it was a bit fishy that it dimmed as you turned the pot, usually if they die they just go from bright to nothing. Had a feeling turning it the other way might have brought it back to life. Put it back to about its original brightness and leave it :)

zed

hi,
I seem to have another small problem... although the laser works as it worked before, if I don't press down the button while applying pressure to a certain direction, it flickers. it doesn't stop working, just gets weaker, then normal, then half way between strong and weak. what can I do to steady it?

b.t.w: I have a 30mW, and I want to order a 100mW one. should I? is the beam more visible? I can see the beam on the 30, but only when it is really dark.
any suggestions for what power I need to buy that will have the best price to beauty ratio?

When you put it back together you positioned the switch slightly off center of the button.
Pull it apart and use a flashlight to make sure the switch is perfectly centered on the button as you reassemble it.

Your "30mW" is probably only producing 15mW or so. A true 100mW will be at least 4X brighter.
Buy only from a trusted company, I suggest O-like or Rayfoss.

Last edited:
It happened with my first cheap 100mW pen, too. Only I turned it to the left (as you should, not clockwise) , there it was, the dim red light (infrared right?) and when i turned it to the right again it went back to normal.