Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pocket laser show

Well -- I'm red faced now  :-[  The gift came from a member here and his email was something like scopeguy20 as I recall.  Sorry. I'm not good with names.

There isn't much room in one of these for 2 lasers and a dicro but they are fun in the pocket - especially when you can see it  :eek:

Mike

Hemlock Mike said:
Well -- I'm red faced now  :-[  The gift came from a member here and his email was something like scopeguy20 as I recall.  Sorry.  I'm not good with names.

There isn't much room in one of these for 2 lasers and a dicro but they are fun in the pocket - especially when you can see it  :eek:

Mike

i wont be using a dichro ;)

i will replace the existing red so that leaves room for on green

do soe pics of inside for me

I knew someone would say tear it apart for a pix !!!  You can see the Aixiz mini module in the lower right.  There is a 10 ohm pot glued to the board for control.
It is running in the pix but close up flash washes most of it out.

Mike

I set the output power by unsoldering the motors so I got a steady beam. The Aixiz module has two brass wings soldered on for mounting to the factory posts.

Attachments

• Spyro1.jpg
    Spyro1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 401
theres bags of room in there ;)

i would get a 1 watt green in there LOL

weylan

Mike,

You posted that you added a POT, I am interested in doing the same thing.
I am lookin got add a BlueRay diode into one of these. So hoping to get a close up to where you added the POT and what size Pot you used. I am kind of new to lasers. so some more closeups and some more info would be really cool, please? think of it as a how to... if you would not mind?

Hemlock Mike said:
About a month ago, XARYLX, got two similar units from Spencer gifts on a close out sale for $9.99 each.  I believe it was XARYLX -- If I'm wrong , Appologies  :-[  He sent one to me as a gift.   That is the model I have.

Anywho, It had a sad little <5 mW red in it....  It now has a 50 mW red and I can turn it up trading off life time of 3 AAA cells.

Mike

Weylan --

In the picture, the red lead from the LD module and cap runs down to a little blue 10 ohm multi-turn pot there at the bottom.  It is glued to the old power control board which was nothing more than fixed resistance to limit it to 5 mW.  

Mike

I believe that the module is the small 8 mm Aixiz module. The brass mounting wings help with heatsinking.

Hello again Mike! I hope the toy is still giving you some fun! I think when I have time, I would love to make some other modifications of these cheap toys! So far I drilled a side port that is below and parallel to the internal low power laser and all my pals at the New Years party were speechless as I ran it with my green modded 20 mW Core and my DA 150 mW red lasers! At the minimum, I need an external bracket that will keep the external lasers aligned with the hole! Happy New Year ALL!

Scopeguy ---

Yes you da man !! I got the free one from you -- thanks -- I later bought another from Spencer but haven't modded it yet. I like the pocket size !!

Mike

Greebo

Heya guys.

Bought 2 of these from Thinkgeek a few months ago. Kept one with the wimpy red diode and modded the other to accept a 30 mw green laser pointer. Theres a few vids of this on Utube showing what they look like with green. Just do a search for pocket laser.(I didnt make em). Theres heaps of room in them. Blue ray would look great. :)