Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pman's collection

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Damn Dgui, that's a good idea, I don't know why none of us thought about this before? :thinking:

I've an even better idea for you, why don't you post your name and address here, and maybe everyone who reads this will donate one laser from their collection, and before you know it, you've got yourself a nice laser assortment of your own!
What a great way to get into the hobby!

Honestly, WTF are you thinking? :twak:

Screen_Shot_2017_03_19_at_7_05_32_PM.png

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
4324482.jpg

Count me in Pman. :crackup:
Were you being serious Dgui? :thinking:

Last edited:

GSS

Seriously bro thats not a collection ..Thats a Museum . Hope to see them some day in person . Hard time getting a few pieced together in India .
Unfortunatley Pman sold off alot of them and has pretty much left the hobby:(

Pman

Actually I am still around:)
Have plenty of lasers but got into drones for awhile.
Now just like lasers I have a lot of drones but don't do much with them anymore.
Just relaxing and enjoying the simple things in life and not obsessing with anything lol

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Long time no see Pete.
Good to see you.
I have seen a drone to put on my wishlist recently. The DJI Mavic Mini.
Have you used that one?

Pman

No. My main is an Autel Evo bought a few years ago now. It continues to serve me well for what I occasionally use it for. At this point I really am not interested in upgrading as its 4k 60fps is beautiful. Have a ton of other much less expensive ones and had a lot of fun buying Yuneec Breezes that had issues on ebay when I could sometimes get them for $15. Not bad for a drone that used to run almost $500. I repaired about 9 of them to full working order and gave a few away. I think I still have 2 never flown and maybe 8 more. Great to learn on as they are pretty full featured and can record up to 4k although it is not stabilized. 720p and 1080p are stabilized in software as there really is just some rubber dampeners and not a true mechanical gimbal.
If you want a real fast bargain with no gps and all flying by the seat of your pants the Bugs 3 and Bugs mini are nasty fun. I have 2 minis, 3 standard ones, an Eachine ex2h which is a bugs 3 with altitude hold and a bugs 3 pro which has GPS. The regular Buds 3 and minis are 40+ mph though and you can really whip those around. Everything else is basically star wars/star trek/batman type stuff. Some have altitude hold and some don't.
What is more interesting though is the 3 VTOL ones as they can fly like a drone or airplane and are really easy to fly with altitude hold. XK X420, XK X520 and XK X450. They can all take off vertically and with a flip of a switch fly like an airplane with altitude hold or trick mode where you can turn all the stuff off and fly crazy tricks. All with a flick of a switch will immediately go to vertical drone type mode to save yourself from crashing or to altitude hold mode.
While the X420 and X520 can take off and land vertically (with their nose up) or like an airplane the X450 takes off like a drone so it is horizontal with no landing wheels. The X450 looks and flies in drone mode more stable since its nose isn't up. You should really check out the videos of those 3. The X420 is the slowest and I would recommend the 520 over it as it is larger faster and more stable. I have only flown the 450 in my house as it is just too cold to mess with it now. I DON'T like getting cold and since I am 5'5" and have a fit 120lb body I get cold really fast. My hands have no meat on them. It was close to 0 F the last couple of mornings here in upstate NY.

Hello Pman, hows you ?

I love drones but with all the restrictions now it's just not fun anymore, government sure knows how to fuck up a good time.......but with all the airplanes falling from the sky ( Not a single one ever due to a hobby drone ) I suppose it's all for the greater good :rolleyes:

Pman

Thanks. Thought it was time to check in;)
Got to go rest for a bit (literally as my back is aching lol). Just finished another book before the games yesterday. Bills didn't clinch the title but they did great this year so no complaints.
Drone laws are being implemented under the guise of big business wanting to own the sky. As always it's about the potential profits. It is one of the reasons I bought an Autel drone as I am not beholden to some company telling me what I can and cannot do with the product I paid for. I am not interested in being treated as a child. I can follow the rules on my own thank you very much.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Drone regs have ruined it for me too. In the U.K. now I have to register a drone even if under 250g. The requirements are if it has a camera it must be registered. Sucks