Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[pic heavy]The Jetlasers 500mW PL-C 532nm green :D

Background and why i bought:
i was searching for a green laser pointer and wanted to have alot of green, not much IR leakage and power above 200mW, so i could settle for that power and buy no new green laser pointer for the next year(because i seriously need to upgrade my laser projector now)
After being 2 hours away from purchasing the 400mw green o-like pointer from bhwollen, someone else snatched it from me. I was kinda sad, but i'm never sad for a long time so i continued my search for some good 532nm brightness.
So my fello laser member DJNY wich is a really nice guy said i needed to take a look tot he group buy. well i never did a group buy before but the prices were fair. so after everyone saying "contact gray" i searched but could not find a member here called Gray. then DJNY explained he's registered here as forum user JETLASER. but i had already contacted jetlasers through their support page at jetlasers.net.
After seeing their normal prices were 5 dollar more then the group buy, i fugured i was going to buy the 400mW. but well the 500mW was only 50 bucks more....and i cant give 50 dollar to jetlasers later and get a new upgrade or something...so i thought i needed to do a LARGE purchase and go for the 500mW. so i did.
I asked alot of questions and stuff, and Gray(and someone else to i think) always replied fast and nicely to me. thats a big plus. i love quality service. other chinese guys always speak bearly english and give crappy answers(DINO for example?)
After paying on sunday, the laser was shipped to HONG KONG monday, and from there it was picked up by DHL. i dont know why they do this but i dont care alot.
DHL picked up the laser yesterday morning, and they delivered today.
A big plus for shipping and for DHL. (the shipping price was only 30 dollar for a mega-fast delivery :O)
So today i was all nerves and exited when i readed "parcel is with courier" on the tracking page. And then a DHL car arrived and stopped in front of my house and i rushed outside to get the package. I signed quickly and got back inside. (DHL tracking site says: delivered - 'signed by booz'. nice name they have given me :p)

So i made some shots of the packaging...
IMG_4483.JPG

ofcource, i opened the package quickly... Im never really fancy with packages...but i will say it has a magnetic sealing. its a standard package and well....its going to get dusty on the basement....never to be looked at again...picture:
IMG_4484.JPG

And then, like 5 seconds before i made the following picture, a big smile came upon my face. a dr. evil- like smile :D
IMG_4485.JPG

i really quickly inserted a quality protected battery and put the laser on, as you can imagine someone would do receiving a toy like this :)
IMG_4486.JPG

some people complained about the blue LED indicating on is to bright....i dont agree. i think its perfect.

so my brother called me for some fine-made cake so i came downstairs and showed my toy(im glad no one asked for its price)
IMG_4490.JPG

And here is a picture of the beam aparture sticker. the sticker part does not turn when opening or closing the beam aparture window.
IMG_4491.JPG

but when turned on, there is some leaking of green light. not the laser beam itself though, just not 100% closed.
IMG_4492.JPG

And here i'm playing a game. can you find the dot of the laser? :p
IMG_4493.JPG

And here is a picture of the laser through my 532nm blocking glasses:
IMG_4494.JPG

And desame shot without the glasses(you can actually see the beam for a tiny bit):
IMG_4495.JPG

And here the best beamshot made so far....it has still need to become dark here...
but when its dark i'l be ready for the zombie apocalypse :D
The laser lies between my laptop and laser projector, with on top my AR Drone.
IMG_4496.JPG

And here is a overall pro's and con's list:

Pro's:
Bright...i mean...really bright....i mean....667mW peak...thats.... B R I G H T.
Really nice design and feels very sturdy.
Good savety features...like a lock and bottom pen.(wich also has its con) and the laser aparture closure.
Burns very well. comes close to my 1.4W 445nm.

Con's:
-The biggest is the bottom closure. It is bigger then the bottom of the laser, so you cant savely put it on its tail cap standing with its laser head facing up. It sticks out for like 0,3cm. This is really to bad because i do not have a clamp and i dont like working with clamps. But on the other side, it works with standard 3,5mm plugs just like used for audio devices. so i guess it is possible to make my own.
-It leaks a tiny bit of green when the aparture is closed. this is a really tiny-ass con, but still, it is one.
-A duty cycle of 2 minutes on, 20 seconds off. but recommended is one minute on, 20 seconds off. Any longer and Gray said he was sure it would damage the diode.

Other thoughts:
-470 dollar including shipping....much for my wallet, but worth the laser.
-the peak and mW's were not measured by me. i need to buy a LPM soon.
-Impossible to look at the dot with your bare eyes when shining in a room(dont do this yourself) im not going to do this much but i just wanted to see its power ;) personally i find this a plus but not everyone will have that opinion.

Verdict: Get yourself the cash, dont think about it, and go purchase this now :p

Last edited:

You need to add "http://" at the beginning of the site for each picture.

Also, the images are gigantic and need resizing.

You need to add "http://" at the beginning of the site for each picture.

Also, the images are gigantic and need resizing.

i guess there is no BB code for resizing and windows cant batch resize -_-

is there a quick app you know off?

i did warn everyone in the topic title though ;)

Last edited:
You can just use photoshop or something similar and re-upload them to your hosting site.

They are just way to wide and there is a max of 800 wide on here so people don't have to scroll left to right.

Last edited:
You can just use photoshop or something similar and re-upload them to your hosting site.

They are just way to wide and there is a max of 800 wide on here so people don't have to scroll left to right.

i never worked before with photoshop in my life. only paint but that takes long.

EDIT: fixed :) you guys were right it was to much bigness :p

Last edited:

jakeGT

Go to photobucket.com

Upload them there, go to settings, and have all images automatically resized to 800x600

Easy as 1,2,3 You can have all of these uploaded in ten minutes, and the links will work fine just copy and past the IMG code.

btw, it took me a few minutes to scroll all the way down here LOL

DJNY

Personally I´m fine with the picture size :gj:

I need such a laser.. hope the neverending story of my RPL-425 has a good end!

Nice review, but you have to learn to use BIG LETTERS at least when you´re wrinting a review ;)

No plus rep for me? Now im neva going to be respected here:(

:p

Thanks people il edit the review tommorow.

DJNY

Why should we +rep you!? You have this beast! Isn´t that enough??

jakeGT

Yeah, if you send it tp me for happy fun time I'll + rep lol! Im leaning more towards Neg rep out of sheer jealousy!!

-Impossible to look at the dot with your bare eyes when shining in a room(dont do this yourself) im not going to do this much but i just wanted to see its power personally i find this a plus but not everyone will have that opinion.

That is a problem IMO. I love to look at the beams but the dot of my 400mW o-like torch is just too damn bright... even at 20 feet it's not pleasant to look at. The dots from 405 and 445 aren't as bad, but also not something I'd look at from close up...

Anyway nice pics, +Rep.

BORG-- Nice review and pics but plz RE_SIZE- We can enlarger them if we want.
I think you are mistaken about the price-- The GB prices are much lower than the regular prices-NOT 5$ lower.

"So my fello laser member DJNY wich is a really nice guy said i needed to take a look tot he group buy. well i never did a group buy before but the prices were fair. so after everyone saying "contact gray" i searched but could not find a member here called Gray. then DJNY explained he's registered here as forum user JETLASER. but i had already contacted jetlasers through their support page at jetlasers.net.
After seeing their normal prices were 5 dollar more then the group buy, i fugured i was going to buy the 400mW. but well the 500mW was only 50 bucks more....and i cant give 50 dollar to jetlasers later and get a new upgrade or something...so i thought i needed to do a LARGE purchase and go for the 500mW. so i did.
I asked alot of questions and stuff, and Gray(and someone else to i think) always replied fast and nicely to me. thats a big plus. i love quality service. other chinese guys always speak bearly english and give crappy answers(DINO for example?) "

Yes Gray has better grasp of English than most USA members do.

The GB prices are the same a wholesaler pays but only if buying at least 100 units.

As for standing a $600 laser on is tailcap--DUH!!- the JETL warranty does not cover letting it fall onto the floor and yes you can make your own flush-fit pin to replace the one that JETL provides I make one for each GBer and add it to thier laser- takes about 5 min. to fashion one from old headphone jack.

+2 For the review
-1 For the oversize pics--lol

we want some foggy night beam shots Mr Borg.

Last edited:
Thanks guys also for the rep:) its good to have some better reputation also when buying, selling and i think everyone knows im not a scammer:)

Just loaded a fresh battery and wowww i fell in love with this powerstation.

Hakzaw: i already resized...fits most screens now.
I pmmed you, id love a better tailcap.

Djny: i like it...kinda...makes everyone fear its power - including me. So everyone will be more careful naturally.

I really really like this beast:)
I would marry it but meh im not a japanese crazy dude who marries his ds:p

I will post some pics later showing several versions of my flush fit tailcap dongle pin- made from RCA or mini headphone plugs.

To clarify Borg's pricing on the Hakzaw's JETLASERS GBs.....

532/500mw -PL-C 440$ plus S&H(borg paid iirc 470$ total (and got it QUICK!!)
Regular retail price is 539$-699$ Plus shipping
GB price in the first 3 GBs for the 500 was over 500$plus S&H So Gray has given us a price drop of 60$ for GB #4.

NEW THREAD for GB#5(perhaps the last!) will be going up soon. I have 7 on my list now so, as the number is limited, dont wait to get on the 'MAYBE' list when the thread goes up. Open to conus and canada ONLY--sorry-contact Gray for other locations.