Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

(PIC HEAVY) RGB Scanner Pictures

ARG

Well, I got QuickShow a couple days ago, I was finally able to get laser software on my laptop so that I could play shows without moving my desktop. High resolution versions are available if anyone would like.

I took these with my friends Nikon D5000. The projector I used is the REKE-500. Not bad for an entry level projector ;)

YmQIx.jpg

tWFSo.jpg

UpnGZ.jpg

kzDt1.jpg

KamMc.jpg

RfWc3.jpg

4i83t.jpg

I3dd1.jpg

9IugD.jpg

n8TVY.jpg

iqIJ0.jpg

3alZU.jpg

XJnDJ.jpg

bKu1R.jpg

2OlB1.jpg

WmwQg.jpg

U9KOj.jpg

GpXOM.jpg

GGLZI.jpg

BILYr.jpg

bNZ8o.jpg

2MQ8D.jpg

D7B5c.jpg

ZI3lK.jpg

nTwtb.jpg

b69ml.jpg

HMZqt.jpg

FvAgR.jpg

1na11.jpg

zHPbg.jpg

HOMw8.jpg

:thanks: for looking!

Hmm... all of a sudden I have this urge to sell of a couple of my rarely used lasers and grab a reke...

Thanks for the nice pic :)

Hmm... all of a sudden I have this urge to sell of a couple of my rarely used lasers and grab a reke...

do it seriously projectors and scanners are endless fun. sell a bunch of laser (i know you have a ton) ;) and get a reke and lsx w/ a RIYA or ether-dream DAC :D

sure it will cost you allot but think about it this way. how many 445 builds do you have? how many did each of them cost you?

you have 5+ at at-least 100$ ;) so in reality a laser projector isnt that bad :tinfoil:

did i mention DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

ARG

210$ shipped is a great deal at the moment! Snag one right now! You'll be hooked ;)

i love my projector.
But now my 1.5W projector was not enough and im building a 2.5W but i know once then i will never be happy.
I must say tho i love it alot more than i love my pointers.
Its a cheap way to start but you will find your self with the urge to upgrade.

Last edited:

ARG

Its a cheap way to start but you will find your self with the urge to upgrade.

I originally was going to build a 1 color 445nm projector with DT-30's and a cheap SC DAC....

Then I bought a 532nm module...
Then a RIYA DAC and Spaghetti...
Then a Reke-500....
Then Quickshow...

The upgrade cycle is never ending ;)

and now I want a 640nm module for my DIY PJ, but that's not happening for a while...

well i might suggest going with a 635nm they are so bright.
i had a 500mw lpc build in my projector and it was bright but not enough.

ARG

well i might suggest going with a 635nm they are so bright.
i had a 500mw lpc build in my projector and it was bright but not enough.

Yeah... a dual 635nm build w/ correction is the same cost as a 640nm module and my build quality is pretty bad, so i'm probably better off buying one :p

Ugh... you guys are terrible for my wallet health...

Probably after taxes I'll get some kind of a scanner though, been drooling over them long enough:p

dont worry with the reds getting cheaper and the blues being cheap once you make the investment the upgrades wont hurt as much.

they will still hurt your wallet but you too may one day own a 2W rgb projector.

Sweet pics... I can't seem to get any decent beam pics.
Awesome projector though and tons of fun.

Awesome pics. Those PJs are great. I'd love to get a copy of QS but damn it's expensive. I'll eventually be able to build a PJ around the 30k galvos I picked up in a GB last fall.

Nice pics Arg. You know, if you scroll down through them using the mousewheel it creates an illusion that the pictures are all squeezing inwards as they go up...
So what/how are you fogging the room for the pics. I believe it is a basement suite isn't it ? How do you keep the fog/smoke contained ? Or don't you have to worry about it ?

ARG

I'd love to get a copy of QS but damn it's expensive.

Hak got me a good deal on QS :) You can PM him if you're interested.

Nice pics Arg. You know, if you scroll down through them using the mousewheel it creates an illusion that the pictures are all squeezing inwards as they go up...
So what/how are you fogging the room for the pics. I believe it is a basement suite isn't it ? How do you keep the fog/smoke contained ? Or don't you have to worry about it ?

Thanks! Yup, I did this in my basement. I just closed all the doors possible and ran the fogger when the beams started getting less visible (about every 10 minutes) I'm surprised it worked so well, since I've only got a cheap 400W fogger.

Sweet pics... I can't seem to get any decent beam pics.
Awesome projector though and tons of fun.

Yeah, it's an amazing projector! Can't be beat for only 220$! It's really hard to get decent beam pictures with a point-and-shoot. It took me quite a while of messing around with my friends DSLR to find the optimal settings for beam shots. Feel free to use any of the pictures in your review!

Last edited:

LaZeRz

It's really hard to get decent beam pictures with a point-and-shoot. It took me quite a while of messing around with my friends DSLR to find the optimal settings for beam shots. Feel free to use any of the pictures in your review!

And that is why DSLR cams are superior compared to any other cam out there. The large sensor allows for close to no noise in low light environments and they are extremely tweakable. :D

Last edited: