Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pgl 589 gb, dead in the water.

Re: PGL-III-C-589 GB-Payments stage.

Well if the prices stay about the same ill be down

Last edited:

I don't have a problem with that. It would be nice to see this thing go through.
I would feel safer though if all of the parts were sent to the US in one, or a couple of shipments as nwfreefly mentioned.

gozert

I don't have a problem with that. It would be nice to see this thing go through.
I would feel safer though if all of the parts were sent to the US in one, or a couple of shipments as nwfreefly mentioned.

I think the best way to get it into the US is by sending each laser in parts to every buyer. It'll be a lot of packaging, and probably a bit higher shipping costs. But most likely the safest way to get it into the US.

Im only in favor of the group usa ship for me and jeff are in the same city! And cost of course! I definetly bought a lot o laser stuff when i thought this wasnt foing through! Ha

Last edited:

If anyone drops out on the last moment, it will be my honor to take the place.

gozert

If anyone drops out on the last moment, it will be my honor to take the place.

I believe nwfreefly wanted to cap the GB at 10 people because of how many units he had to ship out. I'm fine with shipping out one more laser as long as CNI agrees to sell us 11 lasers.

Last edited:

Hey guys,
I have some good news. Would anyone be interested in 80mW 589 modules with drivers? CNI agreed to ship modules to the U.S.!!!!
They are not cheap. $850 each. For some reason cost more than the completed PGL-III-C which is strange but if others are interested we can get a GB discount I just need to know how many. I have emailed her back asking if they would sell empty PGL hosts. They would have to be a separate order I am assuming to avoid customs issues. Or people can get a custom host. I for one really love the PGL hosts so want to try to buy one of those if possible.

SteveT

Re: Pgl 589 gb, new developments!!!!

Would be interested in a module but like you am confused over the price...it would have to come down closer to the $550 mark which I'm not sure is possible?

gozert

I'm sorry, but I'm out. I've already spent my money on several other things. Waiting for another two or more months is just a little too long for me. Thanks for trying though, Nwfreefly.

I'm sorry, but I'm out. I've already spent my money on several other things. Waiting for another two or more months is just a little too long for me. Thanks for trying though, Nwfreefly.

Thats totally understandable all things considered. Im just throwing this out there in case anyone is interested. I don't expect anyone to feel obligated in any way.

I asked them and they said it was $490 for 50mw. So if you don't need 80 then there's an option. :)

SteveT

I asked them and they said it was $490 for 50mw. So if you don't need 80 then there's an option. :)

Thanks for the info there, was the $490 the discounted GB price?

Thanks for the info there, was the $490 the discounted GB price?

Nope, I asked for the price for one module. $490 :D

EDIT: here's the email

Dear *****,

I am Yang from CNI, glad to know you.
The PGL-H-589 50mw price is USD490.00/pc.
Looking for your reply. Please contact me without any hesitation if you need any help.
Promotion: buying the Power Meter TS15 or fiber spectrometer together with the lasers, you can enjoy the package discount 5% extra.
http://www.cnioptics.com/Power_meter.htm
http://www.cnilaser.net/index-english.htm

Best regards,
Yang Li

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I have some good news. Would anyone be interested in 80mW 589 modules with drivers? CNI agreed to ship modules to the U.S.!!!!
They are not cheap. $850 each. For some reason cost more than the completed PGL-III-C which is strange but if others are interested we can get a GB discount I just need to know how many. I have emailed her back asking if they would sell empty PGL hosts. They would have to be a separate order I am assuming to avoid customs issues. Or people can get a custom host. I for one really love the PGL hosts so want to try to buy one of those if possible.

They are more expensive because they're an OEM module part. They're meant for companies that are going to be making a whole new product in regular production, so it's the company's way of getting a part of their cut of the new creation. The PGL's are actually given to us at a discount they don't normally cost 500-600. The last full non LPF quote that I ever got was 1300 or some odd. They're not cheap.

This is good info. I didn't know the 50mW module was so much cheaper. Although an 80mW would be nice it's not worth an additional $300.
Yang kinda skipped over my question to her asking if they would sell the Pgl host separately. I' really love that host.