Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

The CNI GLP used a method called summing where 2 different frequencies, both diode pumped were summed together, but these new ones are expected to be standard one pump and one crystal like the 532nm actually used a 2 part crystal to turn 808 into 1064 into 532.

The 561 uses a direct diode pump laser and crystal to make 1122 then doubles it to 561.

Here's some more info > https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/diy-589nm-chat.104905/post-1566083

Also here > https://www.lucklaser.com/news/mult...9nm-laser-output-in-the-composite-cavity-1597

003328_10_fig1.jpg

Last edited:

tinkertavern

Hi!

Seeing a lot of comments about the yellows here, figured I would hop in. The 591, as well as the 561, is our listing.

So, the actual wavelength is 593.5nm, we were initially told it was 591. The output power is around 10mW of 593.5. All of the lasers are the same color besides some rare flashes of 532 and occasionally 671. It does appear to be traditional SFG from everything I’ve seen.

@RedCowboy, if you are interested I can pick out some nice yellows with decent output and sell them to you for $111 shipped, $100 if you buy multiple.

That goes for anyone on the forum here, by the way. The eBay prices are quite a bit higher than I’d like to be selling them for, due to eBay’s heavy fees.

Sowee7

Hi!

Seeing a lot of comments about the yellows here, figured I would hop in. The 591, as well as the 561, is our listing.

So, the actual wavelength is 593.5nm, we were initially told it was 591. The output power is around 10mW of 593.5. All of the lasers are the same color besides some rare flashes of 532 and occasionally 671. It does appear to be traditional SFG from everything I’ve seen.

@RedCowboy, if you are interested I can pick out some nice yellows with decent output and sell them to you for $111 shipped, $100 if you buy multiple.

That goes for anyone on the forum here, by the way. The eBay prices are quite a bit higher than I’d like to be selling them for, due to eBay’s heavy fees.
Ah this makes more sense, 591nm is an unusual wavelength and it makes a lot more sense for it to be 593.5nm. how did you make this so cheap? Does this use some sort of MCA to lower the cost of does it use the conventional method of separate crystals and optics?

Hi!

How about modules without the housing ? Do you have and/or can you get modules ?
I expect many people would be interested.

i would be interested also in host (housing) only.. let us know.. nice to see actual ebay seller here .

Got mine today - also confirming 593.5nm. You'll probably have better luck revising the listings for a known wavelength to search for. Feel free to use my spectro measurements below or to ask for cleaner ones as these are a bit sloppily cut

I'm pretty convinced this is the usual yvo4 process now. I'm getting 8mW of visible light out. I first rescued it from baking in my mailbox and it only did 532. After I stuck it in the freezer for a few minutes it finally spat out yellow.

The spectro jumps between 593.3 and 593.7 which at that point is at the limit of its resolution. Take the average, and... yeah. It reports the same for a known 'real' 593.5 lab and LG Rigel/CNI GLP pen. Can provide measurements of those if needed, just didn't bother to screenshot them. These are not IR filtered, so you will have a bunch of 808 and deeper IR to filter out yourselves. These leak both 532 and 671 as well. Some proof:
Screenshot 2023-04-13 133851.png
Screenshot 2023-04-13 133949.png
Screenshot 2023-04-13 134029.png

For some more subjective info, it likes it cold. Once you have it on for a minute or two it eventually just gives up on yellow entirely and only leaks some 532, which eventually fades to nothing at all. While it's on you'll see the brightness jump and dip wildly. Much more typical of yv04 than the SFD crystals which in my experience have been very stable. If you're in a warmer area or like it warm inside, you may have some trouble with these.

I wasn't able to take it apart to confirm if this uses a single crystal or two crystals, or what the crystal is made of with any proof. I just suspect it is yvo4 because its behavior is in line with my rigel and labby startup. The aperture is too small for my camera to peek inside, and I do not want to ruin the host, break it or even risk the chance it is something hygroscopic, so that's as far as I go.

Let me know if I missed anything.

MEDDER

if you are interested I can pick out some nice yellows with decent output and sell them to you for $111 shipped, $100 if you buy multiple.

Man, would have bough more, still probably will once the tax return comes back. I too would be interested in just the module with no housing.

Attachments

• IMG_2938.jpeg
    IMG_2938.jpeg
    594.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2940.jpeg
    IMG_2940.jpeg
    597.9 KB · Views: 22

atomd

I'd also be in for a module without housing. I have custom series of laser pointer's and I'd really like to keep them all in same form factor.

Do you think I could slap this in a portable? What sort of profile does the output of one of these modules look like?

EDIT: Just found an old thread on green NECSEL modules, looks like temperature control is a must and the total green output isnt much better than what we can get from direct diodes. I'll keep on the look out if any of the much sought after yellow versions pop up, one of those would definitely be worth the headache

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter