Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Some gradually lost power over time, others have just flat out died for no reason. These don't have a great track record unfortunately. I've had I think 15 of their modules over time, of the ones I remember:
1 hasn't changed at all, stock driver
1 hasn't changed at all, swapped driver
1 is still running at low power
1 has had the lens scratched and there is no way to replace it with all the glue in the module, and also has dropped in power
1 diode blew after measuring current and changing the driver
2 diodes blew on the stock driver
1 diode either LED'd or the crystal shit the bed, be it by alignment or degradation, I am not sure
6 remaining modules I've re-sold, I haven't heard anything about them from the buyers

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The crystals suffered from moisture so degraded over time. The 575’s were most affected. I’m not sure if the 550-565nm modules suffered as badly from it.

Dusty_Lenses

Thanks for the input guys. Think i'll wait on buying one of the "yellow" lasers until the price drops out some. I looked around some more and found the modules that they use in these square block units. Pricing wasnt much cheaper if not more expensive. Also seeing 545nm modules on alibaba

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for the input guys. Think i'll wait on buying one of the "yellow" lasers until the price drops out some. I looked around some more and found the modules that they use in these square block units. Pricing wasnt much cheaper if not more expensive. Also seeing 545nm modules on alibaba

Lasence are a good option for these lasers. A lot of Chinese sellers you have to be careful with. They make their own modules rather than resell mass produced stock. They don’t grow their own crystals however so run into supply issues. Especially with the 570-575nm modules. A post is on here regarding their 561nm presentation pointer. It’s very good value.

Some gradually lost power over time, others have just flat out died for no reason. These don't have a great track record unfortunately. I've had I think 15 of their modules over time, of the ones I remember:
1 hasn't changed at all, stock driver
1 hasn't changed at all, swapped driver
1 is still running at low power
1 has had the lens scratched and there is no way to replace it with all the glue in the module, and also has dropped in power
1 diode blew after measuring current and changing the driver
2 diodes blew on the stock driver
1 diode either LED'd or the crystal shit the bed, be it by alignment or degradation, I am not sure
6 remaining modules I've re-sold, I haven't heard anything about them from the buyers
Bought my 575nm from Lifetime. It is actually very Lemony yellow not green like the 560nm versions.

it is sensitive to heat, if I run it more than 15 minutes it can get a little flakey. otherwise its rock solid. Ive had it about a year.

Impossible to find the 575nm wavelength anymore, AFAIK.

I just came across these.... Has anyone tried them yet?

Update: Just ordered one... it's going to ship out right as the Chinese New Year holiday begins. Won't be able to get anything out of China for about a month now.

Last edited:
Odicforce is reputable, they have always delivered what I ordered, no I haven't bought any of those lenses yet but I have a project where I will need many so I intend to, however it may be a while before I'm ready.

Odicforce is reputable, they have always delivered what I ordered, no I haven't bought any of those lenses yet but I have a project where I will need many so I intend to, however it may be a while before I'm ready.

I've ordered and received many items from Odicforce. Haven't recently, but I expect they are as reputable as they ever were.

I wish they would make some wider units in 5X and maybe 7X so they will accept 7-8mm wide beams same as these 3.3X will.