Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

MapsAndLegends

Well, I got a note from ebay saying there were "problems with the seller's account". The item has supposedly been shipped (yeah right, I have no tracking information) and I'm supposed to wait a couple weeks till I'm sure it hasn't shown up and then file a report with ebay saying it didn't show. So much for the $14 blue laser!!

Yeah, you'll eventually get your money back. That is why I rarely purchase from companies I don't know on eBay.

Philipnzw

Super affordable laser safety goggles, think these are the cheapest a laser hobbyist can get. I have the red(blocks lower wavelengths) and the blue ones (blocks reds). They are LEGIT. It can handle a 1.xx Watt blue easily, makes the dot so small i can't even see it at longer distance.

Sharing here because i know how hard is it not owning a pair. Living in Malaysia (SEA) and being a student, dropping rm200 on an eagle pair is just out of the question for me. That's enough money to keep me alive for 2.5 weeks if i spend it wisely. These cheaper goggles maybe some no-name TREX brand but heck, they work. And best of all they just cost me around rm70 for the red and blue ones.

Cheers and stay safe.

NECSEL MODEL 20 WATTS AVG MAX 440-490 nm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NECSEL-MODEL-20-WATTS-AVG-MAX-440-490-nm/153417876692

EDIT

-Dear Santa... 🎅

Last edited:
Caution with the NECSEL, I don't believe that unit is 20 watts out, if this is what I think this is, it is 20 watts input power into the device and a very low output efficiency. All of the NECSEL diodes I've seen have this sticker saying the power but not indicating it is the input power instead of the output power we would naturally assume, even sometimes adding "CW" which is very misleading, I believe this is a marketing ploy to justify their high prices to buyers and the people who sign off on purchases within companies who don't know better because their technology is extremely low efficiency.

Last edited:
Yeah, he said it was a 1 watt output. Replaced the pump diode with a higher power one and now does up to a couple watts out, but in multi-mode output. Not something I'm interested in. The 532nm one.

I don't understand the market for these NECSEL devices, what is their advantage?

For $129 dollars or twice that amount, this XYZ unit is a very nice device. I see nothing wrong with this, high quality for low dollars, not a common find.

GSS

That is a nice find.. Apples and Oranges but a 1 inch Starrett micrometer goes for almost $100
Chris that's in your hand right??

Yes, received it in the mail today. Notice, no monkey thumb! (Jeff understands).

Last edited:
I usually see these kinds of adjustments on spacial filters. But, at a precision of just 0.02 mm, I'm not sure this would qualify for that. Sometimes you can find these for under $200.00, but they normally go for $400.00 or more depending on the type. What are you intending on doing with this, Chris?