Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

ID 8.9, OD 10.7 mm. Nevermind the photo's, I did not zero the caliper before measuring... Oops... So the text is right, not the photo. I'm probably close with that measurement, depends on how you hold the instrument in the recess of the threaded portion, outer portion probably good.

Last edited:

GSS

So about 1.5mm wider on the OD than the standard 9mm barrels?? Bummer :( plus the pitch would of been of too.
Thanks Chris.

there is an inner stop or lip which is more narrow at about 6 mm wide, 5 mm deep inside. I was thinking that would stop a 6.3 mm lens from falling through, but not what you need.

Reactions: GSS
488nm for $47 dollars from Techhood.
Does a stable 68-69mw's.. Only issue is the fan dosen't work but i'll get the fan running when I have time.
Again loving this color.. Not much of a box reflection either, but i'll eventually pop the front cover off to see if I can get an idea of what lens is there??

Hey, Peter. I was wondering how much teal color this has. These are claimed to be 488nm, but I seriously doubt they are measured for wavelength before they are sold. I have a 488nm one and my argon single line that look blue without any teal look to them, at least to me.

GSS

To my eyes Paul I don't see any sign of green nor the teal shift. It really looks more of a sky blue.

I haven't put it side by side to a 450nm and 505nm which would be the closest WL's I have. Maby then I could see a difference but if it's anything like your Argon laser i'm sure you will like it.:)
My phone pic's show the colors pretty close but it's getting old and wasn't the best when it was new and having a hard time picking up a true beam pic..

Chris thanks, at least you know what i'm looking for and if you come up with a idea, i'm all ears!

Edit: Paul for $47 dollars, with a fan, in a AL heatsink with a I believe 18mm AL module and about 10 days shipping it not bad..
The driver also has that blue box "pot"?? with a screw up top..

Last edited:
To my eyes Paul I don't see any sign of green nor the teal shift. It really looks more of a sky blue.

I haven't put it side by side to a 450nm and 505nm which would be the closest WL's I have. Maby then I could see a difference but if it's anything like your Argon laser i'm sure you will like it.:)
My phone pic's show the colors pretty close but it's getting old and wasn't the best when it was new and having a hard time picking up a true beam pic..

Chris thanks, at least you know what i'm looking for and if you come up with a idea, i'm all ears!

Edit: Paul for $47 dollars, with a fan, in a AL heatsink with a I believe 18mm AL module and about 10 days shipping it not bad..
The driver also has that blue box "pot"?? with a screw up top..

If you ever want it measured to be sure, I'd be happy to do that for you. No charge.

GSS

I just might send it to you to play with it and measure it one day..
I just powered it up for a bit this morning and left it at that. The box reflection is very small and not very noticable compared to the G2 on my other one. This labby has that little metal cap and will be pulling it off at some point to pull it off just to see the lens and figure out what it's using..

Anytime you want to know, just send it along to me. The G2s are best for power output, buy stink when it comes to that ugly rectangular artifact. The acrylic lenses seem to do the best of both worlds.

MapsAndLegends

Hey y'all.

Does this look too good to be true? 450nm and focusable for $14??

oh crap, I can't post the link cause I haven't posted enough/I'm too new a user.

Well, it's an ebay listing with the title "HOT! focusable high power 90000m blue laser pointers 450nm burning match/paper" from an ebay seller with the name xiaowu99520. $13.90 buy it now, free shipping, from Canada.

(I hope this is an appropriate post for this thread, still learning my way around a bit)

GSS

OMG, I didn't even know 90 watt 405 was even made for a pointer, that's an awesome deal, ...... I mean, dream.
There's only 2 off them known to exist.. and at a hidden location that only 2 people know:p

MapsAndLegends

Hey, it doesn't say 90000 milliwatts, it says 90000 meters, which is also silly, but ebay sellers make crazy distance claims all the time :)

If it's really blue 450nm that'd be neat-o though.