Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

How is this single mode green more interesting or better than the other single mode greens, better beam profile?

It is specced to run at 100mW compared to the specced 55mW foe the sharp ones, so I assume more power too if both are overdriven, like we all do with the diodes.
But yeah, otherwise its not a big difference...

Singlemode

Reactions: GSS
They should show the diode mount inside, in that case. I will ask them if they can, agree with the copper mount, more better. I don’t trust anything they say anymore, maybe the 5.6 mm diode mount is merely a suggestion to use with it.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

For materials it just say's glass and "color metal". It has to be at least aluminum?? Mentions also it for making the spot "more" round..
Another link below this ad shows the same unit with some more pic's. One has the front lens off and you get a view of that end.

I've bought something similar from a different seller and what was inside was a tiny piece of brass with threading on one end, and an opening in the middle in which you press the diode. This piece of brass with the diode is then screwed into the larger aluminum heatsink part.
That brass piece has no shelf to press the diode up against and it has to be pressed almost all the way through to make sure you don't bottom out your lens in the housing before you can focus.

In short, a pain in the ass.

That was a cheaper housing so this might be different, but looking at other sellers pictures it won't be much better:

cheap laser housing.jpg

Last edited:
When these work, they work well $75 OBO.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
If that meter works, that is a real good deal.
I've never seen that particular sensor head, do you know if that's OE for that meter?

Last edited:
I have a Scientech meter and sensor, though my sensor is much larger. What is the cutoff power on that one?

I wish I remembered, I bought it and found the sensor was cracked, so I replaced it with another larger one which when comparing with my other calibrated Coherent LPM, is about right, but I believe it is good for 20 watts. I don't know how long you can radiate it with that much power, I would not use a focused to infinity laser pointed into the sensor at anywhere near that power (unless a fat beam) because it isn't a normal thermal dump, it appears to be some kind of photo cell. Although if defocused, I don't think 20 watts is a problem. What I like about it is how fast it measures.