Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

DTR

I saw this auction in my email as I get those from Techhood along with others. I don't want to get another higher than necessary diode from them again. There should be eBay rules keeping them or their agents from doing this.
I think they do have that rule but I guess they get away with it with accounts that are hard to prove are related or if you submit a complaint I have read in the forums that a lot of complaints on auction listing get ignored. They probably get so many that most go without looking into unless something catches the eye of whoever skims thought it sees it will not take a lot of their time to resolve.

Anyway just click bait to keep their page views up. Even if they do lose a little on some probably consider it low cost advertising.

This is the 1st 3.8 that I know of with anti static protection built in, that doesn't mean that there aren't others, just the 1st that I have seen.

I grabbed the new one guess one of you guys grabbed the two open box ones. Finally I will see a real ones after being naive and selling whatever the actual part number of the 3 pin 3.8mm ones I was selling back in the day. They were actually a good diode but did not like being used like that plus no skin of their back when they come after me. They were N diodes just not the NDG4216. Will be interesting to see this four pin unit. Also this one is 5.6mm and the open box ones which 3.8mm cic you mean with the static protection.?

Discovered my camera on my phone has a pretty awesome pro mode way better than the Olympus I have been using for years(S9) so got a little beam shot happy last night.:)

GSS

LOL! "Pencils that will never end" in the listings!!
I can see a Soviet child have the same pencil from kindergarten school through college:unsure:
Wonder if they are toxic with some lead?? Also wonder if they were to big for those circle tests we did as children in 1st or 2nd grade where we never got results for??:whistle:
There's alot more special Soviet pencils too that I see.. Wonder if they are bugged with a tiny micro phone??:giggle:

Last edited:
No idea, hopefully just graphite. I ordered some under best offer to use them to mark equipment with here. I could just use a regular pencil, but these look interesting and will leave a thick mark. I don't want anything permanent, but yet highly visible.

GSS

Be careful if your the type that puts a pencil behind your ear when your working!!!

It looks like the seller wants $32.00 for one box of 20 pencils when you factor in shipping. That is an insane price. What did you have to pay for yours?

Last edited:
I offered a few dollars for 20 pencils mailed at his expense, not the whole box.

GSS

I can't understand it either. The top says 20x for the price and the bottom 100 piece.
It's says "lead rating" 2B Is that bad?

Let me know if these pencils are anything special once you get yours, Chris. I seriously doubt I'll get interested in them, though.

I received my special pencils, they are only special in that it takes a long time to use them up.

• Haha
Reactions: GSS
Did you guys see what Jordan posted.
I get excited about a new anything these days.

CHECK THIS OUT

That is a pretty generic lable but still interesting, 480mw of single mode would sure be nice though LOL

View attachment 65217

Nice found, I would have bought the nichia 518nm diode. Nice beam profile :)

Singlemode