Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

fair quality- rock bottom price. and came very quick- 100lbs max.

Pair Professional Speaker Stands Tripod Heavy Duty NEW | eBay

In order to tilt my PJs they need a 'cage' made to clamp to the base plate -- I may make some of these FS. Pics when I have them done. all Al. and sturdy like these tripods - these are made for speakers. I will get two more later.:beer:

Last edited:

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Thanks Len, ordered a pair of the tripods for my reke and other projector equipment.

AnthoT

Thanks for finding that TEC! :D

I needed a 8x8 one :p

Well I ordered one of these guys and it came in today. I must say I am more than just a little bothered that the listing did not accurately state that it actually included a red LED module (with an aspheric lens) that looks to be similar to a Phlatlight (PT54) design basis instead of having what they insinuated within their eBay listing of having a red 660nm laser. So I guess my first order of business will be to look for a suitable Red laser module for upgrade.

The blue module appears to have our familiar 445nm with a divergence yielding a bar shaped 4mm X 9mm at 20 ft. At first glance the green does not look to be real lacking since it does have a TEM 00 (surprising enough); however the divergence yields a 10mm dot at 20 ft. But I will give credit that the modules are well mounted on a sturdy 7mm thick x 150mm x 208m aluminum base.

It will be later next week before I can LPM the blue and green as I am unfortunately having to leave again for work out of town this afternoon. I will post what I find as soon as I get back later next week.

I think you should bring this up with them. I would consider that very deceptive and I would either give them negative feedback or work something out for the red laser you will likely need to put in place of the phatlight.

Some of these sellers care about feedback and will work with you, I definitely would bring it up with them!

I don't know, I just tried to carefully read the listing as if I were buying it and I would have been expecting three tem00 or very near tem00 lasers, not phatlights...

I dont think its an LED.

That Red Module looks Exactly like those 650nm "C-MOUNT" Red labbies.

THe Diode inside that module is a C-Mount Multi- mode diode and has a FAC on it. There is Really NO other Red out there that can do that kind of power in a "Can" like diode package so its got to be it.

These C-Mount 650nm diode have terrible beam specs. "How do i know?" Well I own 2 in handheld's that i DIY built.

I own both the 500mW and 1W versions of the diodes that is in those modules if this is the same module iam thinking of.

Mine are Slightly corrected in my handhold's however in the module you got for red they only use optics to correct it no C-Lens No Prism etc.

Kinda like a Beam Expander.

This is why you see alot of the projector guys Combining 2 Single Mode 5.6mm diode to get 500mW rather then buy 1 of these C mount Multi mode 500mW 650nm diodes. The beam specs is just so much better with the LPC- single mode diodes.

In short, I think the RED Module is using a Multi mode C-mount Red Diode, Which has terrible beam specs without correction. The Beam Is Square so you can At least correct it and not have it look like a Line like the 635nm diodes. But i dont think its an LED.

That would make no sense.

The Aspheric lens is a Long FL lens. I bet you thats all they are using after the diode and FAC.

That makes a lot of sense LAZEERER. I've seen your write ups on c-mounts and I think that you've nailed it.

Yeah some sellers play fast and loose with the 'as described' thing--

***************** here is a new 'find'

Spectra Physics 2020 Argon 15W max. | eBay
this is a biggie- local pick up only- takes high voltage- I can't tell by the pics if its is air or water cooled. I t5hink its air cooled-so you would need a fan.
and do not assume that it even when it was new that it ever made 15W of blue(or it may be ML)
Mariomaster/ Sam's FAQ et al could fill in the blanks and tell you if this is a good deal or not( knowing only what we know about it)
having the power cord cut off is not a good sign..IMO.

Last edited:

Heres one for you projector nuts. Its the heart of the projector. Simply add scanners, wire it up and your set to go. It can even do analog modulation.
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
Red = 500mw 660nm
Blue = 500mw 445nm
Green = 200mw 532

So total of ~1w after optics. Even if the output comes to 2/3 this, its still a pretty good deal having it all put together for you, plus it looks easy to upgrade the red later.

They also have a unit with 635nm module (800mw total output) and a smaller 300mw unit.

They appear to be on thick baseplates too. The only thing I'd change is the dichro mounts - they're not adjustable it seems.

But for the price of a single green laser module, you get RGB. Wont be up to PeeLee standards with ultra fine beams or super mrad, but its probably a lot better than the guts of say a REKE 500. I'll probably get one for an in house testing laser. Saves getting my big projector out (which is quite heavy and I havent even loaded it up with lasers yet! And shooting 3-4watts around my apartment with light coloured walls? no thanks!)

So this product, a box from winni at goldenstar (or whatever box you choose if you can machine metals), and a set of galvo's ( 30K from hak - hint hint), and you have a projector

Just had to quote this one- good stuff!!+

the above in bold is in referance to my second and sadly again failed attempt to work with DT -
on a forum GB-
I can no longer try to come to agreement with DT ( he keeps changing our agreed-on prices:mad:). I may try to get something close with Scan Pros--
:thanks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vk2fro
Heres one for you projector nuts. Its the heart of the projector. Simply add scanners, wire it up and your set to go. It can even do analog modulation.
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
Red = 500mw 660nm
Blue = 500mw 445nm
Green = 200mw 532

So total of ~1w after optics. Even if the output comes to 2/3 this, its still a pretty good deal having it all put together for you, plus it looks easy to upgrade the red later.

They also have a unit with 635nm module (800mw total output) and a smaller 300mw unit.

They appear to be on thick baseplates too. The only thing I'd change is the dichro mounts - they're not adjustable it seems.

But for the price of a single green laser module, you get RGB. Wont be up to PeeLee standards with ultra fine beams or super mrad, but its probably a lot better than the guts of say a REKE 500. I'll probably get one for an in house testing laser. Saves getting my big projector out (which is quite heavy and I havent even loaded it up with lasers yet! And shooting 3-4watts around my apartment with light coloured walls? no thanks!)

So this product, a box from winni at goldenstar (or whatever box you choose if you can machine metals), and a set of galvo's (30K from hak - hint hint), and you have a projector

^^^ the Hint Hint refers to my second , and sadly, again failed attempt to work out a GB deal for DT scanners-the prices kept going up on us so.. I am done wasting my/our time-- maybe Scanpros are the way to go..

GOOD find- from Winni at Goldenstarlighting- I was asked about that deal a whlie back and cold not remember where I had seen that one..TY

Last edited:

Enalite 635-2C on eBay.

This isn't so much of a deal considering the price, but these units were pretty popular when I had several. They do show up from time to time and are really only of interest to collectors.

Should come in under 5mW and should be very close to 635nm based on the ones I had.

Ednalite Modular Red Laser Pointer with Padded Case | eBay

Neat host, but it is kinda annoying that they charge $20 for shipping. Looks like it would fit in a priority box to me.

I am making offer on this- My ILT is not a 5500 but the plugs look like they match so MAYBE I can get it to lase more than idle with this used remote controller..
ION LASER TECHNOLOGY ILT REMOTE CONTROL RC-50-220 FOR ILT 5500 LASER | eBay

see the other items= the MG 30 mW Red looks very good- But I am on a no new lasers restrictions upon the advice of my bank---lol

estate rocks | eBay
These nice folks have all thats left now listed- the ship quick/pack very well & reply to questions asap.
AFAIK they are happy to combine for lower ship cost and these items are very well described.
They get 5 stars from me...
need more phiotos-- just ask they will email them quick.
Be sure to let them know you found them thru the laser forums.. GL and bid/ snipe or make offer... now- the good stuff goes fast....len

Neat host, but it is kinda annoying that they charge $20 for shipping. Looks like it would fit in a priority box to me.

I missed the shipping fee. It will indeed fit in a medium flat rate box complete with the gray plastic case. Without a case it will fit in a small flat rate box.