Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

diachi

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

I was wondering what type of connector the other end was as I maybe able to do something with that. Thanks for sharing that listing. If I can find out the input voltage and current then I could get a power supply and hookup with the connector. Maybe? :thinking:

It'd be easier to tell looking at the internals. Could start low and work your way up too. 5V, 12V, 24V etc. :beer:

That or locate a manual! :p

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Yes, sounds logical enough. :p
Nowhere on sells the cables to these lasers which is frustrating. It has a round hole with a slot. Not a common connector from what I can see.
I'll try an hunt out a manual for that model later. I've watched the listing. :)

diachi

Yes, sounds logical enough. :p
Nowhere on sells the cables to these lasers which is frustrating. It has a round hole with a slot. Not a common connector from what I can see.
I'll try an hunt out a manual for that model later. I've watched the listing. :)

Try searching Digikey! :p

Is Digikey a thing in the UK? I can't remember. If not, try Farnell! :p

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

Yes it is. Um, that's a lot of parts to look though. :p I'll check it out tomorrow.

Last edited:

Neat little hene Spiro.

I knew I had seen it before. Thought it might be a relisted item.

Did it have the small copper wrapped 12vdc PS brick under it?? I could not get any of the other pics loaded.
Nice DYI job on it for sure and no doubt a 'one-of' ...

good find...

Last edited:

Ooops, I normally don't open gas laser ebay finds of interest, or I would have recognised it.

Anyone have any idea if this diode could possibly be single mode? China sellers never can tell me anything about their IR diodes, except for Robinson at techhood.

808nm 500mw 9.0mm TO-5 Infrared IR Green Laser Diode | eBay

It could be as it is low enough power to be a single mode. The only way to know for sure is to try it and see. Without a data sheet I don't see another route.

Last edited:

JESS! Why do you do this? Who has 50K or the room to put that thing? :crackup:

diachi

JESS! Why do you do this? Who has 50K or the room to put that thing? :crackup:

eb723b803c88dbaefb3d410d53fe1fc1-d2zay27.png

You never know, some old rich uncle you didn't know about could die and leave you their mansion/warehouse/fortune. Or you could win the lottery! :crackup: