Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PBS for 660 & 405 nm

Any recommendations on where to find a PBS for the 400-700 nm range?
I see some PBSers listed on fleebay, but they specificy 600nm-IR. I'm
hoping to score one at ~$50 to stay within budget on my next build.
PINK! :p

Thanks for the links, I'm looking to combine a 660 nm and 405 nm beam with a single
cube, I'm guessing that if I buy a PBS coated for 660 nm, I will just have to deal with
reduced transmission of the 405 nm? Any thoughts?

EDIT: After some snooping I think I'm just going to go with a dichro mirror in a an adjustable
mount, will probably make alignment easier.

Last edited:
You want a dichro for that. Go to dates pro shop page. PBS cubes are for combining lasers of same wavelength

Thanks for the links, I'm looking to combine a 660 nm and 405 nm beam with a single
cube, I'm guessing that if I buy a PBS coated for 660 nm, I will just have to deal with
reduced transmission of the 405 nm? Any thoughts?

EDIT: After some snooping I think I'm just going to go with a dichro mirror in a an adjustable
mount, will probably make alignment easier.

I won a magenta laser on Ebay made by Sunclan..inside AFAIK is a PHR and a LOC iirc
combined by a dichro. nice color..
NO CAN DO W/CUBE .
at least with most of the cubes we can get.
I saw at Ebay a tri-color cube that split white light into RG&B- from a projector.

I've got some of those X-cubes and they work, but many of them have polarized coatings which affects the input. It's easier and cheaper to go the dichro route. Hell, you can buy one of those optics kits from DTR and they have the dichros you need in there along with other nice stuff.

Thanks for all of the input guys, and the pics Hak! Definitely going the dichro route
from DTR as I need some other stuff from him as well. I'm working on a schematic
while goldbricking at work :eg: (using MS paint lol), I'll update when I'm done
:beer:

Last edited:
I know, it's ugly, but this is my plan so far, any suggestions welcome. I have a pot like the ones poorly depicted above on a 445 labby unit and it works quite well, I can adjust the power between 80mW-1W with suitable precision.
I estimate I should be able to get 500-600 mW of pink ;)
attachment.php

Attachments

• rsz_pink.jpg
    rsz_pink.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 369