Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pay to repair laser with <15 min of use?

jakeGT

Through me and sparkles pm's he sold at least 15 of these. at $270*15 = $4050

I'd say he did very well.

there is a very simple solution for this. he claimed that that laser can run unlimited. you tested that and it turned out untrue. you can bring back the laser to him. and he has to repair it for free. 15min. thats just bad quality.:scowl:

you didnt read all the pages of this thread did you... it's a dead issue and 7 months old at that.

tisk tisk

Michael.

I think threads should get automatically locked after 6 months passes since the last comment. That would end all the necroposting, and even useful but slow threads generally garner at least one new comment every six months or so.

I think threads should get automatically locked after 6 months passes since the last comment. That would end all the necroposting, and even useful but slow threads generally garner at least one new comment every six months or so.

great idea you should start a thread in the suggestions section
all the necroposting gets annoying :beer:

:D You've just added to it and the whole process starts again MUAHAHAHAHA

That wasn't a cheap laser either - $270 - and it's a fairly new user selling it.

I'm relatively new to this forum myself, and because of this, when I wanted to sell a couple of the extra lasers I had built, I was extra conscious of A) not wanting to overcharge anyone, and B) wanting to be extra-explicit about any potential short-comings of a laser I would be selling - even if I didn't think they would normally have been worth noting.

This seller is even newer to this forum than I - and for that matter he actually mentioned being new to the hobby all together, which wasn't the case for me. So something really cheeses me out to see this guy selling his creations for $270. That rubs me as profiteering - which isn't a "dirty word" per se I suppose - but this guy looks like he really "set up shop" to crank these out for some income. That's totally fine, but if you're acting like a business, then support your buyers like a real business would.

- For someone 2 months into the hobby to be cranking something up to 1.8A and selling it at the price you'd pay for a laser made by one of the vets - it's not cool.

- To make outlandish claims about crazy long run times that are entirely LIKELY to kill your diode, even more not cool.

- To then refuse a REPAIR (let alone a return), even more not cool.

I hate to say this, because I'm shooting myself in the foot (I've got two or three 445s myself that I'd like to sell before I move 4,500km across country in a month), but I don't think you should buy expensive lasers from relatively new entrants into the hobby....

Very Well Said!