Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Partially out of the game

I figured that since "Bloompyle's Customs' was developed, this is probably the most accurate place to put this.

As some of you know either from direct speaking to at SELEM, or over PM, I am a bit out of the custom lasers game.

I am directing my focus more to my studies and research with optics and gas lasers.

Pointers just aren't the same for me, they don't provide the same excitement that I can get from placing an external HR in front of a HeNe creating an external cavity, getting more lines, etc. Testing gas and being able to take my experiments from my head to my systems, to paper. It's amazing

Words cannot explain the rush I get from conducting all the experiments and projects I've had building over the months. I have my own lab in my dorm. I finally have my optical rail, getting a monochrometer soon, all is good in the R&D department of my dorm room :)

So to all those that wanted me to build them a laser, I am sorry. If you have something truly cool, I would love to build it. (Yes Raffle, I am still building your pen(s)). Finishing up an RGB set, sending out a 520, and ordering the parts for another. Maybe building a 473 (you'll have a PM soon). I also have a rare WL build coming up as well.

However, after that, I will probably be done with builds unless you have something truly spectacular that you want my work with. I've had a blast working with Crouse and Sinner doing some cool stuff. That dual diode build really kicked my ass. This current LZCS Lazerer rebuild should really be something if I can figure out this button setup.

To put it in a nutshell.... Thank you everyone. It's been great. Lazerbeak, your work with my logo was FANTASTIC. It really is a damn awesome logo, you did an excellent job on that. You really should charge (what's your PP?)

This DOES NOT mean I will not be present. Just because I am not posting as often, I still read every day. I still stalk the gas section waiting for a chance to speak. That being said, we need more HeNe and Ar threads, no more CO2!

Recently repaired my Omni 150 PSU. Boy was that a pain... So you will see more of that beast (the tunable 8 line Omni 532). Unfortunately I have experience some catastrophic failure in my Uniphase 2101-10SLSC. Something caused an arc on a resistor lead that actually blew the resistor apart on one end, and scorched the PCB. It also ripped the PCB apart near one of the rectifiers... So it's toast.

But I digress... I am, for now, partially out of the custom builds game. If it's unique, or a rare WL, I would love to build it. Got a cool set to build, sure. However, if it's just another 445nm build.. I probably will not build it.

Take care everyone, and stay frosty. Can't wait to throw more up in the gas section.

With regards,
Reeber

Man, I totally dig reading your gas laser posts and am excited when I hear you found something new while tinkering. I was never a custom-build customer of yours, but I wholeheartedly support you following your passion. I don't think anyone on here could fault you for doing what you love. Good for you, bro...

Keep us posted on the experiments!

Cheers!!
c

I think I understand everything you were talking about in this thread ;)

You won't see a lot of stuff from me for a little while though. That said, a 1W 405 is still definitely something I want...

Take care man get some RnR... You'll be back you got it just as bad as the rest if us. I think we all are just waiting for that high powa greenie to just come along.

I'm not going anywhere, won;t be as active in the posting department, but I will still be lurking.

A high power greenie to you might be nice, but I am still waiting on an air cooled Kr ion. As soon as I get one of those, it's game on. So many tests that I need to run on a Krypton, it'll be up to air by the time I am done!

I am always hunting for gas more than I am wavelengths. It's almost sad, ha. Everyone has their thing though.

That being said, I will be relieved to finally be done building, and be able to just say no, and just be able to relax. That's the biggest reason why I passed on that GB. Those things slowly suck the life from ya, plus I get nothing out of it.

Welp. Back to the optics testing. I'll have a couple videos for yall tonight. Hope you like em :)

SELEM obviously bit you big time in the Gas lasers.

If (when) you get a Krypton you'll have to post pics and such.

Wish you the best. - (Of course you know I'm hunting for one also....)

I think it more just opened my eyes a little more. The one on ones with Sam really did unlock something within. Being able to work on the whitelight with David was awesome. Then being able to practice with aligning an external cavity on Mariomaster's Krypton.. That was amazing.

Actually, getting a yellow line is my second test, first test is getting the 676nm line to lase. I want any Kr to be honest, even an SL 646nm would be outstanding. Then I can run all the tests I wanted to run. Such as getting the yellow line, and more red. It would be an awesome laser to own.

Again though, I think everyone who says SELEM had an affect on me (Icecruncher isn't the first to say it) is right. It definitely did something to me. Either way, I think it's a good thing. This is a science I lost participating in, and being able to work with hands on is great. More than just as a search for pretty colors.

Video of me using an optical rail with the REO 4 line should be up tonight. No Ar video as I just don't feel like lugging it out tonight.

Never though I would say that about a tunable laser....