Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optotronics 150mW+ Premium Pen For Sale *Very Light Use*

Not for sale anymore.

Hello members of laserpointerforums... The day has finally come where I will sell my opto pen. I don't use it as much as I'd like to so I'm willing to sell it to someone. The case has some cosmetic flaws, such as a burn mark where the fingers go (see pics) and that's because I was burning a small piece of nitrocellulose (flash cotton) with the laser and accidently tossed it into the case, leaving a brown mark. The laser was not in the case. The pocket clip is a little bit bent, but it's still functional (also see pics). I'm willing to sell it for $145 + $6.80 shipping. Best reasonable offer may be accepted. If you'd like to offer me a decent price, shipping will still be 6.80. Laser averages 154mW :yh:
More pictures are available, just message me. Paypal only. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 1 (Mobile).jpg
    1 (Mobile).jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 2 (Mobile).jpg
    2 (Mobile).jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 3 (Mobile).jpg
    3 (Mobile).jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 4 (Mobile).jpg
    4 (Mobile).jpg
    13 KB · Views: 129
  • 5 (Mobile).jpg
    5 (Mobile).jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 6 (Mobile).jpg
    6 (Mobile).jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 7 (Mobile).jpg
    7 (Mobile).jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 8 (Mobile).jpg
    8 (Mobile).jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

Also, in the picture with the laser on, the beam is circular and the line is my camera.

Bump :eg:
Opto sells very well made units and their divergence is spectacular.
I have two 150's and both are ridiculously bright.

Brand new 150's are only $32 more than your asking, your not far off.
I bet someone will bite if you knock off a little more.
Good luck with your sale ;)

I will do $137.00, that is 50$ less than a new one, or PM your best offer :)

Is this still available? I'm currently looking for a 200mw pen but may opt for less if I can't find anything affordable.

Is this powered by 3v or 7.2v? How is the beam divergence?

3 volts. I use standard rechargeable AAA's because they work the best, it eats batteries, but that's normal. The divergence is what you'd expect with an Optotronics unit, great!

What if I used a single 3.7v battery :D Do you think that would be enough overdrive to burn it out, with a shorter duty cycle? What is the current duty cycle?

What if I used a single 3.7v battery :D Do you think that would be enough overdrive to burn it out, with a shorter duty cycle? What is the current duty cycle?

It would fry it, it says use alkaline batteries and I think someone on the forum said it would fry it, so don't try it haha. The duty cycle I put on it was around 20 - 30 seconds on to 1 - 5 minutes off. I'm almost certain it's rated for 60 seconds on to 30 seconds off, i just checked the website. Also, the divergence is <1.2mrad and the divergence is <1.5mm. But yeah only use 3 volts on it :)

if it runs on AAA DO NOT USE NICADS OR LITHIUM you will fry that laser faster than you can say holy shit! They are designed to run on regular AAA for a reason. you can run normal AAA rechargeable but that is it. With lasers being as expensive as they are do not make the mistake of doing that!

Edit..

its designed to run on 3 v and the case is designed for 2 batteries that means only use alkaline batteries. normal alkaline batteries are 1.3 to 1.5 v normally so if you put two 10440's in it your going to run 7 volts which would fry the driver and more thank likely pop the diode! so you have to remember that. Manufactures use alkaline more thank LiPos or NiCads because they are cheap. Most people dont want to spend 10$ on batteries unless its a massive pack of them. So be very aware of what your laser says to use as a power source

Last edited:
if it runs on AAA DO NOT USE NICADS OR LITHIUM you will fry that laser faster than you can say holy shit! They are designed to run on regular AAA for a reason. you can run normal AAA rechargeable but that is it. With lasers being as expensive as they are do not make the mistake of doing that

Cool thanks for the info. I only ran regular alkalines :)

I was thinking a single 10440 by itself to give it a .7 volt boost from the standard 3 volt load. I know 7 volts would fry it instantly. But an extra .7 volts to 1 volt might be possible if it's a solid module. It depends on what the driver and diode are capable of. That's the mystery. It could be near its maximum potential tuned to 150mw, or it could push 200mw without a problem. Who knows.