Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ophir 20c-a-1-y OUT OF STOCK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
its common for people to sell ophir LPMs but keep the sensor. as far as that ophir sensor, to clear confusion up, the one i linked above is a 150-A-1-C which means 150W-A sensor, 1V/W sensitivity and calibrated for Co2 lasers

The eBay link you provided for the 150-A-.1-C OPHIR head
is not calibrated to 1V/1W like the OPHIR 20C heads.

It is calibrated to 0.1V/1W... and can only be used at 60W
with additional head cooling and 150W with Water Cooling.
Without additional cooling it is only good to 5W...

Jerry

tonyt

A used 20C. The reason I want this one specifically is that someone might sell me a used ARGMeter Ophir, but he's keeping the sensor. ARGLaser told me that other sensors will work with it though...

Yeah i would go with a laserbee USB3.7W or a Laserbee AX.. They have the thermopile and unit for around $250.. Best value i have seen!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
FYI - If anybody is interested, there are 2 Ophir 20C 's back up for sale. :)

Same seller (clcen 1), he's asking $250.00 with free shipping!

djQUAN

I'm predicting once these are gone, the seller will say there will be no more. Then a few days later, two more will pop up priced more than $250.

tonyt

Haha my prediction came true! Yeah Offroad.. If no one buys them he will just keep putting them down until someone does again.. He's just a greedy person feeding on the high demand we caused! lol owel.. that's business i guess.. :yh:

Last edited:

Trevor

I'm not sure us not buying them will bring the price down; these are the best surplus sensors available right now.

I guess we just have to wait and see - though they've been on a steady rise since 2009.

Trevor

tonyt

Well every time he has "ran out" thus far he has put the price up $25 until the last set of two he had up for $275. For the first time since he has started putting them on they didn't sell! now they come back on at $250. I predict again that if these one's don't sell he will put them down another $25 and so on... If someone happens to buy them again the next set that comes up will be $275.
This seller has emailed me several times (about 4 price points ago) saying that he has no more at all and "if i am lucky" he may be able to find some more... I say that's BS and he just steadily releases them 2 at a time to keep demand up and therefore the price rises.

Trevor

Well every time he has "ran out" thus far he has put the price up $25 until the last set of two he had up for $275. For the first time since he has started putting them on they didn't sell! now they come back on at $250. I predict again that if these one's don't sell he will put them down another $25 and so on... If someone happens to buy them again the next set that comes up will be $275.
This seller has emailed me several times (about 4 price points ago) saying that he has no more at all and "if i am lucky" he may be able to find some more... I say that's BS and he just steadily releases them 2 at a time to keep demand up and therefore the price rises.

His ebay username should be 'De Beers'... :whistle:

Trevor

Well either he sold them or is no longer selling them.
There don't seem to be any eBay listings anywhere for
any OPHIR 20c heads.

Jerry

Last edited:

tonyt

Well either he sold them or is no longer selling them.
There don't seem to be any eBay listings anywhere for
any OPHIR 20c heads.

Jerry

Yeah they have been taken down.. Maybe he got wind of our conversation.. :yh:

Lol yeah he probably just pulled the ad to atificially raise the demand again.

I am sure they will be back soon. Sneaky salesman tactics. Lpf vs. Ebay :p

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, they were already gone when I checked last night.
Either someone is grabbing them, or like offroad said,
he's just pulled them to keep demand high! ;)

ARG

^ Seems pretty beat up, but the sensor area appears to be pristine. Good find.

Status
Not open for further replies.