Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Oh no... WL does it again!

Asherz

I am genuinely looking forward to George Lucas suing the sh*t out of wicked. Who thinks of these ideas?? I mean it wouldn't be a good idea as a DIY as cool as it may be it's just stupidly dangerous.

It's like attaching two guns together chucking someone a bullet proof jacket and telling them to be careful, that's all well and good but just by using the device your not being careful.

Last edited:

I think WL purposely does this because all they have to do is sell something completely absurd... and the tech forums do the advertising for them. Pretty slick if you ask me.

Just something to think about.

I will say the Mods are doing a great job at closing duplicate threads. Keeping it in one thread lets people vent, and keeps advertising down.

Good job men. :beer:

DrSid

Maybe it's just publicity stunt ? WL I mean, not mods ..

Last edited:

Helios

that's all well and good but just by using the device your not being careful.

You hit the nail on the head perfectly

As far as suing goes I dont think they will have much luck. The reason tey didnt succeed last time was not because they didnt have a case it was because this company is in china.

You hit the nail on the head perfectly

As far as suing goes I dont think they will have much luck. The reason tey didnt succeed last time was not because they didnt have a case it was because this company is in china.

Last time a big reason why the issue wasn't pursued was because WL didn't actually call it a lightsaber... A lot of people on tech forums and blogs did.

This time though, calling it "Sith" I think Lucas might have more of a case. I'd be very surprised if the word sith isn't trademarked.

This laser is ridiculous though. It is truly a disaster waiting to happen. The only way I can see it working is if they built in a dead switch where if one side is one the other other will not turn on, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

DrSid

Well .. for $600 only idiot would buy it .. so maybe they make a favor to the universe ?

There are many people here that have paid $600 for a laser, so you'd be surprised.

They are obviously rubbing it in Lucas's face. So I dont think they are worrying about a lawsuit.

There are many people here that have paid $600 for a laser, so you'd be surprised.

They are obviously rubbing it in Lucas's face. So I dont think they are worrying about a lawsuit.

On here, sure. In the general population.... very few people have spent anything more than the price of a common pointer pen.

The price point should be a decent deterrent, but reading the description again makes me want to :banghead:

LSRFAQ

Worry not about the unobtainium Sith, I would. Imitation Clones worry me....

Steve

Last edited:
Do you think they could be using a possible lawsuit as an excuse to take the money and run in the future Steve?

Helios

I think they are making way too much money on arctics to want to steal a few peoples $600 and run. Especially since they will make $500 profit on them anyway.

Last edited:
"Double the power, double the possibilities."
YEAH RIGHT. They forgot to include. "Double danger and double injuries and double laser confiscations"

I have to admit that I like the laser though :D

Last edited:
I think they are making way too much money on arctics to want to steal a few peoples $600 and run. Especially since they will make $500 profit on them anyway.

Thats were you're wrong. Arctics are back ordered for months. So he can have literally 100K+ in back orders. Now more than double that with this new laser. He wouldnt even need to start production, just make a few, so he could retire with the 500K+ he could rip people off with. Thats a lot of money in China.

You cant even use the chat on their web site anymore. Hmmm?

Last edited: