Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like with cheap 400mW greenies?

2010/10/28 laser O-like <admin@o-like.com>

Dear Glenn
it is 350mW before IR filtered

Thanks
Susie

2010/10/28 Glenn Ray <admin@o-like.com>

------------------------------------------------------

I am interested in the 400mW green laser for $196.99 (OL-532-350). The
specification says it is IR filtered. It the stated power of >350mW before
or after the IR filter?

Thanks,

somewhat same answer i got :(

btw,
to the people who have a lpm and ordered this laser, any one of you have a ir filter?

im hoping this thing doesnt turn out to leak a lot of ir instead of 532nm, o well only time will tell

DJNY

btw,
to the people who have a lpm and ordered this laser, any one of you have a ir filter?

im hoping this thing doesnt turn out to leak a lot of ir instead of 532nm, o well only time will tell

You won´t get 100% the real output but it should work with a 532nm blocking safety goggle in front of the laser while measuring it on the LPM then subducting the IR measurements from the power readings without the goggles.

You won´t get 100% the real output but it should work with a 532nm blocking safety goggle in front of the laser while measuring it on the LPM then subducting the IR measurements from the power readings without the goggles.

thats also a possibility, good thinking:beer:

this laser really made me curious, even if it turns out to be about 200mw of pure green it would still be cool for that price!

btw you mentioned that 600mw+ 532nm S3 from WL's...do you happen to know the price of that unit?

Last edited:

DJNY

I´ll come back to you as soon as I get new informations. But it would be $300-$500 for the randomly chosen 600-1000mW 532nm S3. Please, these are not my words, so take them carefully.

thats also a possibility, good thinking:beer:

this laser really made me curious, even if it turns out to be about 200mw of pure green it would still be cool for that price!

btw you mentioned that 600mw+ 532nm S3 from WL's...do you happen to know the price of that unit?

heh when we both buy it, we can shine the sky and see each other laser :p

Reply from susie:
it only has about 8~10% IR, and the laser does not has a IR filter.

I have the OLNGL300 532nm from O-like.
On the warning label it says <400mw, so I have maybe got the OLNGL400?
I also wonder it this lasers is sold IR-filtered or not..might be dangerous without, since the have so high output!
It have been a good idea too ir-protected the safety googles!
I will post a review of the laser later as soon I have a LaserBee LPM.

heh when we both buy it, we can shine the sky and see each other laser :p

Reply from susie:
it only has about 8~10% IR, and the laser does not has a IR filter.

i think 150KM is abit to far away to see each others laser:D

@DJNY,
thnx for your answer, if it would be around that price range and power it would be a sweet deal. lets just hope they dont screw up or something.

I paid with paypal. My account was debited on 10/25.
Susie has not contacted me about shippment yet.

I doubt that the IR scare is all it's cracked up to be. The IR filter needs to be checked for green power lost due to reflection and absorbition. Really, The design needs to be maxed out on IR input efficiency to the crystals in order to get max output.

My biggest concern is temperature stability after my S-Ky laser.

HMike

I just checked the O-Like site again, shippment for mine is still Pending also.
The site no longer states IR filtered on either the Ol-523-350,
or the OLNGL-300. While the OL-523-500, and the OLNGL-450 still states that they are IR filtered. :huh:
Also in the photo of the OL-523-350 and the OLNGL-300 they are both
shown with cases, but in the specs nothing else come with the OL-523-350 but the laser,
and with the OLNGL-300 the specs say it comes with laser+batters+charger+goggles, but no case.
I wonder why they show them sitting on top of, and inside of a case.:thinking:
Every time I have gone to the site something has changed.:pop:

Last edited:
Petacat ---

How do you find order status on their site? I've finally signed in and don't see a place to access the info.
I assume it has shipped since my credit card account is debited, 75 are shown in stock but I have no confirmation from Susie.
HMike

Last edited:
Go to { My Account } it show up on the far upper top right, after logging in, and it says Pending, or sent, or what ever your billing status is. I'm having to wait the three days it take for the money to go from the bank, to Paypal, to them, I think. Try that Mike:beer:

Last edited:
OK -- I've been there (My Account) twice at least and there is nothing. Susie does not respond to me here or on their page. Must be another holiday there.
I've never had a problem with their modules -- Why now? SUSIE??????

HMike

Wait so if it's 350mW before IR filter then how much power with the filter? Or do we not know yet?

Arrived at Sort Facility LOS ANGELES GATEWAY - USA. :na: My laser should be here very soon. Nice to see someone else here from San Diego. :beer: I have not had any problem contacting Susie at all. To bad my battery was shipped separately so I will have to wait to do a review but can post pics.

I can't understand why you are having a problem Mike.:thinking: Sue responded to my E-mail using their site e-mail page. And mine is now in prossing mode, as Paypal finally paid them the money from my bank account. Their might be some kind of problem with you using a card. Are you sure you orded from their offical site and not some copycat.:scared:

Crious-I don't belive it comes with an IR filter.:horse: {See Post 89}