Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like 400mW Crown Review & Pics

Fiddy

G'day,

Finally got my O-like 400mW Crown!

Removed the standard black o-rings and replaced with the GITD green ones from DX.

Plan to change the tail cap to GITD too but it is quite stubborn as i cant unscrew the switch atm, the switch is pretty spongy aswell, takes a bit of effort to contact the switchgear.

olike5.jpg

olike6.jpg

olike2.jpg

olike3.jpg

olike4.jpg

olike.jpg

And here's the power output.....it peaked at 492mW :drool:

o-likepower.png

This sucker is really dam bright!

Big thank you to Clif from Cajun Lasers as he sent it out to me in bits and his customs defying packaging was pure win! :p as seen here:

starwats.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Fiddy.

Wow those pics with the beam and GITD orings look amazing!

Also I'm sure I've read that "Star wars jedi prop" in another thread? Anyhow still awesome especially for getting through aussie customs!

Fiddy

Wow those pics with the beam and GITD orings look amazing!

Also I'm sure I've read that "Star wars jedi prop" in another thread? Anyhow still awesome especially for getting through aussie customs!

thanks man!

yeah i posted it a few times lol its what was listed on the package when the main body came through kustoms :)

Awesome shots man!! Congrats!

Was the LPM test done from a cold start?

Fiddy

:)

Wasn't a cold start cause i had a few goes taking beamshots before hand.

clif

:)

Wasn't a cold start cause i had a few goes taking beamshots before hand.

Man that laser looks just freakin awesome now! :evil:

OK now you got me wanting to upgrade one of mine also! I love that green glow in the dark look with the green beam :drool:

Fiddy

I got mine from here : Cajunlasers Store

Last edited:
Why didnt you buy direct from O-like? Is there a reason you spent $50 more from a reseller?

Fiddy

Faster postage, bought a whole bunch of gear from the same store at the time and had a power test conducted before i bought too.

I have one of these for sale if anyone is interested. I will provide LPM readings as well. Please PM me for further details. Haven't posted it yet on the BUY, SELL, TRADE section yet but will soon.
Thanks

I like the 400 O-like. Looks like the best bang for the buck for a high power greenie.
Only thing I dont like is they dont have a IR filter which I do have on my other greenie.
How much ,educated guess, in the LPM is IR?
Also, what is the danger I hear of for IR? I mean, If you know the danger of a laser, are there any other things to be cautious of for IR? Cheers

Last edited: