Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM34 Laser Blaster - 115+ Watts of Intense Blue Photons

I was just messing with you. It's attached to a large copper plate with heat pipes going to a finned heatsink.

I know. It is a really great build and I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Do you have more details about the build. I am surprised that passive convective radiation is sufficient to cool the diode array.

Gibs

Hi guys, even if I read a lot here, it's been some years I did not post anything, but after I've found a new (for me at least) laser diode from Nichia (NUBM3HT), 137 Watts of pure pleasure, I had to speak out. So I wrote them a request for a quote and they replied by asking me about my company (incorporated) and what is my application for the diode. Of course, I want to give them the right answer in order to be able to get this ''beast''. I will consider your answers before I reply to them. Thank you in advance! Hope it will be available soon 😁

Attachments

• NUBM3HT.pdf
    636.8 KB · Views: 20

kecked

Be expensive but really cool is that Chinese group that decans and puts corrective fiber on the diode could also remove them all and mount on a new plate with the emitters all next to each other. Then just water cool that. Would easily be less than 2” square. Then beam expand that. Says it’s for a laser cutter. Bet the beam could be Very tight. Especially if they crossed pairs with knife edging. Or one row hor and one vertical with a large pbs cube. Then knife the result. Might be cm square at aperture.

lazzer74

I decided to build a laser blaster using the NUBM34 laser diode array. This thing is insane! I ran two rows of diodes in parallel to the other two. Powered by a Milwaukee 18V battery pack and this is the boost driver I used
Hello from Switzerland
how many volts and how many amps are ideal for this configuration?
i will get the same laser diode soon!

thanks

Hello from Switzerland
how many volts and how many amps are ideal for this configuration?
i will get the same laser diode soon!

thanks
depends how you wire them.... if they're all in series then it's upwards of 100 volts

lazzer74

is it possible to operate the 4 rows of diodes in parallel? so with 25V and 12 amps?

That's not a good idea because one row could draw more than the other due to inconsistencies, better to use a driver for each row or connect them all in series.

lazzer74

hmmm ... ok .. that's logical
but why did you connect 2 x 2 rows in parallel?

I didn't, I'm not the person you were just talking too, that said you can probably get away with it, but the more rows in parallel, the higher the chances you will get uneven distribution.