Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM34 Laser Blaster - 115+ Watts of Intense Blue Photons

I just finished building another NUBM34 monster "pointer". I used a Hercules 20V Flashlight for the host and it was a pretty good choice. The only slight issue is that it's quite front heavy so it can tip over easily. I used two 60V boost converters and a 20A momentary switch from O'Reilly's Auto Parts store. The first 50V converters I purchased were DOA so I got the 60V ones instead. I had to add some heatsinks to the copper plate because it gets hot very quickly. The drivers are set to around 50V and 3.5A and each one runs two rows of diodes in series.

Parts List:

Photos:

Thats intense! How do you got about setting the current and voltage output? Does it allow you to set the output voltage with no load then slowly dial in the current once the LD array is attached?

Thats intense! How do you got about setting the current and voltage output? Does it allow you to set the output voltage with no load then slowly dial in the current once the LD array is attached?
The voltage can actually be read without a load. I turned the current most of the way down until the voltage started to drop off and then connected the ohm meter in series with the diodes to set the current to 3.5A and the voltage right around 50V each. The voltage needs to be around 50V in order to get the current to 3.5A.

Very nice! I might attempt something like this in the future so I'll keep that in mind so I don't pop my array

additude

Nice. I am finishing up mounting my newly arrived NUBM34 and hopefully get it working here soon. I also ordered 4 of those 60V drivers, and two were DOA. Two of them seemed to work, but I'm using a different driver all together.